Can Technology Deliver on the Yield Challenge to 2050?
AbstractThis paper was produced for the FAO Expert Meeting on How to Feed the World in 2050 (Rome, 24-26 June 2009).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agecon Search in its series Miscellaneous Papers with number 55481.
Date of creation: Jun 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/
Technology; productivity; yield gaps; investment in R&D; biotechnology; input efficiency; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lipton, Michael, 2005. "The family farm in a globalizing world: the role of crop science in alleviating poverty," 2020 vision discussion papers 40, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pardey, Philip G. & James, Jennifer S. & Alston, Julian M. & Wood, Stanley & Koo, Bonwoo & Binenbaum, Eran & Hurley, Terrance M. & Glewwe, Paul & Mayer, Jorge & Jones, Richard & De Groote, Hugo & Kana, 2007. "Science, Technology and Skills," Reports 136256, University of Minnesota, International Science and Technology Practice and Policy.
- Lantican, M. A. & Pingali, P. L. & Rajaram, S., 2003. "Is research on marginal lands catching up?: The case of unfavourable wheat growing environments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 353-361, December.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, William J., 2007.
"Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Asia,"
Agricultural Distortions Working Paper
48557, World Bank.
- Heisey, Paul W. & Norton, George W., 2007. "Fertilizers and other farm chemicals," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Anonymous, 2002. "Cimmyt 2000-2001 World Wheat Overview And Outlook: Developing No-Till Packages For Small-Scale Farmers," Facts and Trends/Overview and Outlook 23725, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- de Wit, C. T., 1992. "Resource use efficiency in agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 125-151.
- R. Lal, 2009. "Soil degradation as a reason for inadequate human nutrition," The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 45-57, February.
- Kumar, Praduman & Mittal, Surabhi & Hossain, Mahabub, 2008. "Agricultural Growth Accounting and Total Factor Productivity in South Asia: A Review and Policy Implications," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 21(2), December.
- Gollin, Douglas, 2006. "Impacts of International Research on Intertemporal Yield Stability in Wheat and Maize: An Economic Assessment," Impact Studies 7657, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels & Eaton, Derek, 2007. "Plant variety protection in developing countries. A report from the field," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 354-371, June.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Kikuchi, Masao & Morooka, Kazuko, 1989. "Market price response of world rice research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 333-343, December.
- Sherlund, Shane M. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Adesina, Akinwumi A., 2002. "Smallholder technical efficiency controlling for environmental production conditions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 85-101, October.
- von Braun, Joachim & Fan, Shenggen & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Pratt, Alejandro Nin, 2008. "International agricultural research for food security, poverty reduction, and the environment: What to expect from scaling up CGIAR investments and “Best Bet” programs," Issue briefs 53, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mittal, Surabhi, 2012. "Modern ICT for Agricultural Development and Risk Management in Smallholder Agriculture in India," Socioeconomics Program Working Papers 147107, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.