The future of the European Common Agricultural Policy : a new philosopy ?
AbstractWhile the recent commodity price crisis brings questions regarding the general developement path of the CAP since 1992, this paper envisages returning to Rooseveltian recipes, after modernization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agecon Search in its series Miscellaneous Papers with number 44423.
Date of creation: 10 Dec 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/
Common Agricultural policy; Price volatility; State intervention; market failure; supply management.; Agricultural and Food Policy; Demand and Price Analysis; Production Economics; Public Economics; Risk and Uncertainty; H1; Q1; E3.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- E3. - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Viviana Fernandez, 2004. "Detection of Breakpoints in Volatility," Documentos de Trabajo 194, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Jean-Marc Boussard, 2005. "Price risk management instruments in agricultural and other unstable markets," Risk and Insurance 0505001, EconWPA.
- Massell, Benton F, 1969. "Price Stabilization and Welfare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 284-98, May.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gardner, Bruce L, 1992. "Changing Economic Perspectives on the Farm Problem," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 62-101, March.
- Boussard, Jean-Marc, 1996. "When risk generates chaos," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 433-446, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.