Subsector Analysis: Its Nature, Conduct and Potential Distribution to Small Enterprise Development
AbstractThis paper is concerned with the conduct of meaningful policy and project relevant research on small enterprise development. It responds to a growing demand for operationally useful small enterprise research, a demand which has surged over the past ten years in the wake of increasing concern with equity issues coupled with recent evidence on small enterprise efficiency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics in its series Food Security International Development Working Papers with number 54745.
Date of creation: 1986
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture, 446 West Circle Dr., Rm 202, East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Phone: (517) 355-4563
Fax: (517) 432-1800
Web page: http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/
More information through EDIRC
food security; food policy; small enterprise; Community/Rural/Urban Development; International Development; Downloads December 2008-July 2009: 18; Q18;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davies, Stephen P. & Seale, James L., Jr. & Mead, Donald C. & Badr, Mahmoud & Sheikh, Nadia El & Saidi, Abdel Rahman, 1984. "Small Enterprises in Egypt: A Study of Two Governorates," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54755, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Tendler, Judith & Amorim, Monica Alves, 1996. "Small firms and their helpers: Lessons on demand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 407-426, March.
- Tom Clevenger, 1989. "A critique of the rapid market assessment of new products: A comment," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 61-64.
- Farrelly, Laura L., 1996. "Transforming Poultry Production and Marketing in Developing Countries: Lessons Learned with Implications for Sub-Saharan Africa," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54687, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.