The Economics of Smallholder Households in Tobacco and Cotton Growing Areas of the Zambezi Valley of Mozambique
AbstractMinistry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Directorate of Economics, Republic of Mozambique
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics in its series Food Security Collaborative Working Papers with number 56064.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture, 446 West Circle Dr., Rm 202, East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Phone: (517) 355-4563
Fax: (517) 432-1800
Web page: http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/
More information through EDIRC
food security; food policy; tobacco; cotton; household; Zambezi Valley; Mozambique; Crop Production/Industries; Q18;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Marrule, Higino Francisco, 1998. "Land-Poor In A "Land-Abundant" Setting: Unraveling A Paradox In Mozambique," Graduate Research Masters Degree Plan B Papers 11089, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Walker, Thomas S. & Tschirley, David L. & Low, Jan W. & Tanque, M. Pequentino & Boughton, Duncan & Payongayong, Ellen M. & Weber, Michael T., 2004. "Determinants of Rural Income, Poverty, and Perceived Well-Being in Mozambique in 2001-2002," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 56061, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Benfica, Rui M.S. & Miguel, Arlindo & Zandamela, Julieta & de Sousa, Natercia & Boughton, Duncan & Tschirley, David L. & de Marrule, Higino Francisco, 2004. "How To Avoid Killing The Chicken That Lays The Golden Eggs: An Analysis Of The Potential Impacts Of An Export Tax On Raw Tobacco In Mozambique," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 55243, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Pekka Virtanen & Dag Ehrenpreis, 2007. "Growth, Poverty and Inequality in Mozambique," Country Study 10, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Giesbert, Lena & Schindler, Kati, 2012.
"Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1594-1609.
- Lena Giesbert & Kati Schindler, 2010. "Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1073, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lena Giesbert & Kati Schindler, 2010. "Assets, Shocks, and Poverty Traps in Rural Mozambique," GIGA Working Paper Series 150, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Benfica, Rui M.S., 2007. "Interlinked Transactions in Cash Cropping Economies: Rationale for Persistence, and the Determinants of Farmer Participation and Performance in the Zambezi Valley of Mozambique," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 56069, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Timothée, Ollivier, 2009. "Is Mozambican Growth Sustainable? A Comprehensive Wealth Accounting Prospect," MPRA Paper 16603, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benfica, Rui M.S. & Tschirley, David L. & Boughton, Duncan, 2006. "Interlinked Transactions in Cash Cropping Economies: The Determinants of Farmer Participation and Performance in the Zambezi River Valley of Mozambique," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25244, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ollivier, Timothée & Giraud, Pierre-Noël, 2011. "Assessing sustainability, a comprehensive wealth accounting prospect: An application to Mozambique," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 503-512, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.