Trends and Spatial Distribution of Public Agricultural Spending in Zambia: Implication for Agricultural Productivity Growth
AbstractThis paper assesses the level and composition of the Zambia’s public expenditures in the agricultural sector from 2000 to 2008. By measuring the size of public agricultural expenditures, the study will answer whether the Government of Zambia met CAADP’s target of allocating 10% of national budget to agriculture in 2008. Furthermore, examining what the fund is being spent on will shed light on the extent to which spending contributes to agricultural growth. This review will also characterize the spatial patterns of expenditures across provincial boundaries. The results of this work will hopefully lay a foundation for future analysis of the impacts of public agricultural spending on sector performance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics in its series Food Security Collaborative Working Papers with number 54497.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture, 446 West Circle Dr., Rm 202, East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Phone: (517) 355-4563
Fax: (517) 432-1800
Web page: http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/
More information through EDIRC
food security; policy; Zambia; Africa; public finance; growth; International Development; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Q18;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian K.M. Kingombe, 2012. "The Linkage between Outcome Differences in Cotton Production and Rural Roads Improvements - A Matching Approach," IHEID Working Papers 12-2012, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Mason, Nicole M. & Myers, Robert J., 2011.
"The Effects of the Food Reserve Agency on Maize Market Prices in Zambia,"
Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs
120766, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Nicole M. Mason & Robert J. Myers, 2013. "The effects of the Food Reserve Agency on maize market prices in Zambia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(2), pages 203-216, 03.
- Mason, Nicole M. & Myers, Robert J., 2011. "The Effects of the Food Reserve Agency on Maize Market Prices in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 120771, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Omilola, Babatunde & Lambert, Melissa, 2010. "Weathering the storm," IFPRI discussion papers 965, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.