Payment Experiment for Modification of Farm Practices: A case of rice residue burning in Nepal
AbstractThe study assessed the on-farm rice straw utilization practices of the farmers and estimated the level of actual cash payment necessary to stop the practice of rice straw burning.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil with number 126195.
Date of creation: Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Field experiment; non-market valuation; Agriculture and environment; rice straw burning; black carbon; supply of ecosystem services.; Environmental Economics and Policy; Farm Management; Production Economics; Q15 - Agriculture and Environment; Q52 - Pollution Control Adoption Costs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- - -
- Agr - General Economics and Teaching - - - - -
- and - - - - - -
- Env - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - - - -
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- - -
- Pol - Economic Systems - - - - -
- Con - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- Ado - General Economics and Teaching - - - - -
- Cos - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-07-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2012-07-08 (Environmental Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.