Modelling regional maize market and transport distances for biogas production in Germany
AbstractOur location model aims to simulate location decisions for biogas plants based on profit maximisation to generate regional demand functions for maize and corresponding plant size structure and transport distances. By linking it with an agricultural sector model we derived regional maize markets. Comparing results for the REA with a scenario applying uniform per unit subsidy and producing the same energy, we see higher subsidy costs with the REA but lower transportation distances.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA) in its series 49th Annual Conference, Kiel, Germany, September 30-October 2, 2009 with number 53258.
Date of creation: Oct 2009
Date of revision:
Biogas; environmental effects; transport costs; choice of location; Agricultural Finance; Environmental Economics and Policy;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2009-09-19 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2009-09-19 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2009-09-19 (Economic Geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruth Delzeit & Ulla Kellner, 2011. "How location decisions influence the transport cost of processed and unprocessed bioenergy digestates: the impact of plant size and location on profitability of biogas plants in Germany," Kiel Working Papers 1730, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.