Prevalence of key developments in trade of agro-food in the new member states of the European Union
AbstractThe ten new member states (NMS- 10) of the European Union (EU) have contributed to an enhancement in agro- food trade among cur rent EU- 25 members. Intra- industry trade (IIT) represents only minor part of NMS- 10 trade in agro- food products. Their trade in agro- food products is specialised to different countries in terms of economic distance, factor endowments and/or degree of competitiveness of their agro- food sectors. The borderless EU markets are likely to influence the increase of IIT with implications for the EU trade policy, since more than one- third of agro- food trade in the current EU- 25 members is represented by NMS- 10.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece with number 10052.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
New Member States; Slovenia; Agro- Food Trade; Intra- Industry Trade; International Relations/Trade;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pelzman, Joseph, 1977. "Trade Creation and Trade Diversion in the Council of Mutual Economic Assistance: 1954-70," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 713-22, September.
- Carmen Mora, 2002. "The role of comparative advantage in trade within industries: A panel data approach for the European Union," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 291-316, June.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fidrmuc, Jarko & Schnatz, Bernd, 2005.
"Trade integration of Central and Eastern European countries: lessons from a gravity model,"
Working Paper Series
0545, European Central Bank.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Schnatz, Bernd & Bussière, Matthieu, 2005. "Trade Integration of Central and Eastern European Countries: Lessons from a Gravity Model," Working Papers 105, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
- Bojnec, Stefan & Majkovic, Darja & Turk, Jernej, 2005. "Trade Types in Slovenian Primary and Processed Agricultural Trade," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24477, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.