Capturing zero trade values in gravity equations of trade: A disaggregated sectoral analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland with number 114760.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burger, M.J. & van Oort, F.G. & Linders, G.J.M., 2009.
"On the Specification of the Gravity Model of Trade: Zeros, Excess Zeros and Zero-Inflated Estimation,"
ERIM Report Series Research in Management
ERS-2009-003-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Martijn Burger & Frank van Oort & Gert-Jan Linders, 2009. "On the Specification of the Gravity Model of Trade: Zeros, Excess Zeros and Zero-inflated Estimation," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 167-190.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005.
"The Log of Gravity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The log of gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Svetlana Edmeades & Melinda Smale, 2006. "A trait-based model of the potential demand for a genetically engineered food crop in a developing economy," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(3), pages 351-361, November.
- Cameron, Trudy Ann & Englin, Jeffrey, 1997.
"Respondent Experience and Contingent Valuation of Environmental Goods,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 296-313, July.
- Trudy Ann Cameron & Jeffrey Englin, 1996. "Respondent Experience and Contingent Valuation of Environmental Goods," UCLA Economics Working Papers 752, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-33, March.
- Paul S. Armington, 1969. "A Theory of Demand for Products Distinguished by Place of Production (Une thÃ©orie de la demande de produits diffÃ©renciÃ©s d'aprÃ¨s leur origine) (Una teorÃa de la demanda de productos dis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(1), pages 159-178, March.
- Durham, Catherine A. & Pardoe, Iain & Vega-H, Esteban, 2004. "A Methodology for Evaluating How Product Characteristics Impact Choice in Retail Settings with Many Zero Observations: An Application to Restaurant Wine Purchase," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
- Chengang Wang & Yingqi Wei & Xiaming Liu, 2010. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade Flows in OECD Countries: Evidence from Gravity Panel Data Models," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7), pages 894-915, 07.
- Prehn, Soren & Brummer, Bernhard & Glauben, Thomas, 2012. "Structural Gravity Estimation & Agriculture," 2012: New Rules of Trade?, December 2012, San Diego, California 142765, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Prehn, Sören & Brümmer, Bernhard & Glauben, Thomas, 2012. "Structural gravity estimation & agriculture," DARE Discussion Papers 1209, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.