Income insurance as a risk management tool after 2013 CAP reforms?
AbstractThe ecosystem and the economic subsystem are interlinked. In fact, it is the overconsumption of scarce resources or the overproduction of bad outputs at economic system level that causes a great part of the imbalances at the ecosystem level. Some imbalances do not originate at the economic system level, but are due to external factors. Given the possibility of external shocks, respecting static sustainability thresholds is not a guarantee for system sustainability. In a dynamic setting, the concept of resilience is therefore helpful. In this paper we show how this concept can complement the traditional efficiency approach to come to a sustainable value creating economic system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland with number 114649.
Date of creation: 02 Sep 2011
Date of revision:
Income volatility; Income insurance; Expert elicitation; Price insurance; Risk and Uncertainty;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2011-10-15 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2011-10-15 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dismukes, Robert & Durst, Ron L., 2006. "Whole-Farm Approaches to a Safety Net," Economic Information Bulletin 33893, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- El Benni, Nadja & Finger, Robert, 2012. "Where is the risk? Price, yield and cost risk in Swiss crop production," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126758, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Assefa, Tsion Taye & Meuwissen, Miranda P.M. & Van Asseldonk, Marcel A.P.M., . "Mutual insurance companies as a tool for farmer income stabilization: performance and prospects in the CAP," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 125991, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Finger, Robert, 2012. "How strong is the “natural hedge”? The effects of crop acreage and aggregation levels," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122538, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.