Slovak Agricultural Markets Under Alternative CAP Scenarios - AG-MEMOD Modelling Approach
AbstractSlovak sectoral partial equilibrium econometric model based on AG-MEMOD approach is used to analyse the development of the Slovak agricultural markets after EU accession. Simulation results for cereals, oilseeds and meats are provided in this article. Two scenarios are analysed: non-accession baseline and accession with adoption of single area payment scheme. EU accession is expected to increase prices of most products, the biggest increase of prices will occur in animal sector. Because of higher prices consumption will go down. Decrease of consumption will be mitigated by income growth. Production will not increase substantially due to decoupling of direct payments. Trade balance for majority of products will improve.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark with number 24674.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
partial equilibrium econometric model; EU accession; Slovakia; agricultural markets; Agricultural and Food Policy; International Relations/Trade; C51; Q11; Q18;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hertel, Thomas W & Brockmeier, Martina & Swaminathan, Padma V, 1997. "Sectoral and Economy-Wide Analysis of Integrating Central and Eastern Europe Countries into the EU: Implications of Alternative Strategies," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(3-4), pages 359-86.
- Anderson, Kym & Tyers, Rodney, 1993. "Implications of EC Expansion for European Agricultural Policies, Trade and Welfare," CEPR Discussion Papers 829, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.