Agent-Based Modelling and Sensitivity Analysis by Experimental Design and Metamodelling: An Application to Modelling Regional Structural Change
AbstractThis paper presents the application of the sensitivity analysis techniques Design of Experiments (DOE) and metamodelling to the agent-based model AgriPoliS, which is a spatial and dynamic simulation model of regional structural change. DOE and metamodelling provide a more systematic analysis of results of complex simulation models. When summarising the results, it becomes clear that interest rates, technical change and managerial ability influence average economic land rent the most.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark with number 24464.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
simulation; design of experiments; metamodelling; structural change; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; C9; C15;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kleijnen, J.P.C., 1999.
"Validation of models: Statistical techniques and data availability,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-81791, Tilburg University.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C., 1999. "Validation of Models: Statistical Techniques and Data Availability," Discussion Paper 1999-104, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Alfons Balmann, Kathrin Happe, Konrad Kellermann, Anne Kleingarn, 2001.
"Adjustment Costs of Agri-Environmental Policy Switchings: A Multi-Agent Approach,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2001
148, Society for Computational Economics.
- Balmann, Alfons & Happe, Kathrin & Kellermann, Konrad & Kleingarn, Anne, 2001. "Adjustment Costs Of Agri-Environmental Policy Switchings - A Multi-Agent Approach," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20506, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Balmann, Alfons, 1997. "Farm-Based Modelling of Regional Structural Change: A Cellular Automata Approach," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 85-108.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C. & Groenendaal, W.J.H. van, 1992. "Simulation: A statistical perspective," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-388278, Tilburg University.
- Happe, Kathrin & Balmann, Alfons & Kellermann, Konrad, 2004. "The agricultural policy simulator (AgriPoliS): an agent-based model to study structural change in agriculture (Version 1.0)," IAMO Discussion Papers 71, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Murat Yildizoglu & Marc-Alexandre Sénégas & Isabelle Salle & Martin Zumpe, 2011.
"Learning the optimal buffer-stock consumption rule of Carroll,"
- Murat YILDIZOGLU (GREQAM, CNRS, UMR 6579) & Marc-Alexandre SENEGAS (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Isabelle SALLE (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Martin ZUMPE (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Learning the optimal buffer-stock consumption rule of Carroll," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-11, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.