Impact of Russia and Ukraine on the international price formation and the EU markets - A Model based analysis
AbstractThis paper examines the effect of the future developments of Russian and Ukrainian agricultural sectors and their impact on the world market prices for arable crops. Employed in the study is AGMEMOD, a partial equilibrium economic model of EU agriculture at the Member State level that has been extended by Russia and Ukraine to gain quantitative insights. Vital for the project has also been the integration of an endogenous world market price module including a stylized Rest of the World (ROW) model. In Russia and Ukraine, there is a strong focus on plant production in general and on grain based animal production; Russia and Ukraine are mostly net-exports of those products. Under the baseline, in Russia prices for crops and oilseeds are below the world market price level. In general, the removals of the trade measures in Russia and Ukraine are projected to induce world market prices of cereals and oilseeds to decline.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland with number 122536.
Date of creation: 23 Feb 2012
Date of revision:
Partial equilibrium model; price formation; Russia; Ukraine; Agricultural and Food Policy; Risk and Uncertainty;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-05-15 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2012-05-15 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van Leeuwen, Myrna & Bartova, Lubica & M'Barek, Robert & Erjavec, Emil, 2007. "Implications of EU Enlargement for Agricultural Markets in the New Member States," 104th Seminar, September 5-8, 2007, Budapest, Hungary 8522, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Salamon, Petra & Chantreuil, Frederic & Donnellan, Trevor & Erjavec, Emil & Esposti, Roberto & Hanrahan, Kevin F. & van Leeuwen, Myrna & Bouma, Foppe & Dol, Wietse & Salputra, Guna, 2008. "How to deal with the challenges of linking a large number of individual national models: the case of the AGMEMOD Partnership," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 57(8).
- Erjavec, Emil & van Leeuven, Myrna & Regoršek, Darja, 2007. "The Development of CEEC Agricultural Markets After EU Accession," 100th Seminar, June 21-23, 2007, Novi Sad, Serbia and Montenegro 162402, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.