The “Rural-Sensitive Evaluation Model” for evaluation of local governments’ sensitivity to rural issues in Serbia
AbstractIn the search for an adequate set of indicators to measure the level of pro-rural aspirations of Local Governments (LG), the main existing approaches to endogenous development have been examined. However, the conclusion must be that none of them seem to fit the needs completely. For this reason, a new index, the Municipal Rural-Sensitive Index (MRSI), has been developed, representing the base for the Rural Sensitive Evaluation Model (RSEM). The MRSI integrates the key features of the LEADER (Liaison Entre Actions de Développement Rural) philosophy, consisting of 41 rural-sensitive indicators, grouped into 3 categories and 7 sub-categories. The resulting MRSI scores allow a quick comparison between LGs, show changes over time and assists in establishing a framework for institutional and guided rural development advancing towards set standards. This paper outlines the development of the RSEM and methods of use, including the calculation methodology. It also shows the main features of the RSEM as demonstrated from its application to test cases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 122nd Seminar, February 17-18, 2011, Ancona, Italy with number 99417.
Date of creation: 10 Feb 2011
Date of revision:
Evaluation; Model; LEADER; Local Government; Agricultural and Food Policy; C52; C54; H11; O21; R58.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C54 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Quantitative Policy Modeling
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- O21 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.