Modelling Regional Agricultural Output Adjustments in Scotland in Response to CAP Reform
AbstractThe purpose of the paper is to present an agricultural supply model for Scotland used to estimate regional changes in agricultural outputs due to the 2003 Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) reform. Supply functions were estimated for several farm types based on generalised trans-logarithmic multiproduct cost functions (Caves, Christensen and Tretheway, 1981). The data used for the estimation were an unbalanced panel dataset constructed using farm level data from the Scottish Executive’s Farm Accounts Scheme (FAS) survey. Using the estimated supply adjustments, individual farm level responses to subsidy and price changes were aggregated using agricultural census weights to estimate the output changes for different regions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain with number 6599.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Regional models; CAP reform; agricultural production econometrics; International Relations/Trade; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Other versions of this item:
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K. & Milne, Catherine E., 2008. "Modelling Regional Agricultural Output Adjustments in Scotland in Response to CAP Reform," Working Papers 61111, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K. & Milne, Catherine E., 2008. "Modelling Regional Agricultural Output Adjustments in Scotland in Response to CAP Reform," Working Papers 61111, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Cornwell, Christopher, 1993. "Measuring technical efficiency with panel data : A dual approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 257-261, October.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Tretheway, Michael W, 1980. "Flexible Cost Functions for Multiproduct Firms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 477-81, August.
- Lobley, Matt & Butler, Allan, 2010. "The impact of CAP reform on farmers' plans for the future: Some evidence from South West England," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 341-348, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.