Australian Lamb Supply Chain: A Conceptual Framework
AbstractIn the last decade, supply chain management has played an important role to lead agribusiness today to succeed in their business goals, to gain competitive advantages, and to improve business performance. As the result of that, there has been extensive studying in a popular topic of strategic supply chain management in order to improve business performance as well as along supply chain performance under the real situation. This is because in current business world, supply chain practices are crucial to influence many agribusinesses to continuously adapt proper supply chain management in their nature of business. This paper will propose a conceptual framework of supply chain practices and supply chain performance indicators of the Australian Lamb Industry.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its series 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia with number 113738.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Lamb Supply Chain; Supply Chain Management; Livestock Production/Industries;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lai, Kee-hung & Ngai, E. W. T. & Cheng, T. C. E., 2002. "Measures for evaluating supply chain performance in transport logistics," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 439-456, November.
- Persson, Fredrik & Olhager, Jan, 2002. "Performance simulation of supply chain designs," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 231-245, June.
- Thonemann, Ulrich W. & Bradley, James R., 2002. "The effect of product variety on supply-chain performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 143(3), pages 548-569, December.
- Talluri, Srinivas & Baker, R. C. & Sarkis, Joseph, 1999. "A framework for designing efficient value chain networks," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 133-144, May.
- Beamon, Benita M., 1998. "Supply chain design and analysis:: Models and methods," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 281-294, August.
- Erin Anderson & Barton Weitz, 1989. "Determinants of Continuity in Conventional Industrial Channel Dyads," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 310-323.
- Talluri, Srinivas & Baker, R. C., 2002. "A multi-phase mathematical programming approach for effective supply chain design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(3), pages 544-558, September.
- Berry, D. & Naim, M. M., 1996. "Quantifying the relative improvements of redesign strategies in a P.C. supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 181-196, December.
- Hau L. Lee & V. Padmanabhan & Seungjin Whang, 1997. "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: The Bullwhip Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 546-558, April.
- Gunasekaran, A. & Patel, C. & McGaughey, Ronald E., 2004. "A framework for supply chain performance measurement," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 333-347, February.
- Gary D. Eppen, 1979. "Note--Effects of Centralization on Expected Costs in a Multi-Location Newsboy Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 498-501, May.
- Geyskens, I. & Steenkamp, J.E.B.M. & Scheer, L.K. & Kumar, N., 1996. "The effects of trust and interdependence on relationship commitment: A trans-Atlantic study," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-117462, Tilburg University.
- Storer, Christine, 2006. "Information communication tools used to Coordinate food chains," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 14.
- Li, Dong & O'Brien, Christopher, 1999. "Integrated decision modelling of supply chain efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-3), pages 147-157, March.
- Murphy, Gregory B. & Trailer, Jeff W. & Hill, Robert C., 1996. "Measuring performance in entrepreneurship research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 15-23, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.