Shadow Prices Of Sulfur Dioxide Allowance In Phase I Electric Utilities
AbstractThe divergence of SO2 allowance price from initial estimates has spawned substantial interest since emission trading began. This paper uses non-parametric DEA to calculate technical, output revenue and allocative efficiency measures of Phase I electric plants. The allocative efficiency measure is then used to determine if allowance prices actually reflect opportunity costs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN with number 21638.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Sulfur Dioxide; efficiency; shadow prices; Demand and Price Analysis; Environmental Economics and Policy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joskow, Paul L & Schmalensee, Richard & Bailey, Elizabeth M, 1998. "The Market for Sulfur Dioxide Emissions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 669-85, September.
- Ellerman, A. Denny & Montero, Juan-Pablo, 1998. "The Declining Trend in Sulfur Dioxide Emissions: Implications for Allowance Prices," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 26-45, July.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Swinton, John R., 1996. "The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2Allowances," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 58-72, January.
- John R. Swinton, 1998. "At What Cost do We Reduce Pollution? Shadow Prices of SO2 Emissions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 63-83.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2014.
"What explains the short-term dynamics of the prices of CO2 emissions?,"
2014-081, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2014. "What explains the short-term dynamics of the prices of CO2 emissions?," NIPE Working Papers 04/2014, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Szymon Borak & Wolfgang Härdle & Stefan Trück & Rafal Weron, 2006. "Convenience Yields for CO2 Emission Allowance Futures Contracts," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-076, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Benz, Eva & Trück, Stefan, 2009. "Modeling the price dynamics of CO2 emission allowances," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 4-15, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.