Investment Under Uncertainty And Dynamic Adjustment In Finnish Pork Industry
AbstractA dynamic dual model of investment under uncertainty is applied to a panel of Finnish hog farms. Stochastic dynamic programming is used to characterize duality relations. The model accommodates irreversibility and/or asymmetric adjustment costs. Results have important implications for Finland's hog industry as it adjusts to entry into the European Unit.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT with number 20953.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Livestock Production/Industries; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; Risk and Uncertainty;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Epstein, Larry G & Denny, Michael G S, 1983. "The Multivariate Flexible Accelerator Model: Its Empirical Restrictions and an Application to U.S. Manufacturing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 647-74, May.
- Yir-Hueih Luh & Spiro E. Stefanou, 1996. "Estimating Dynamic Dual Models under Nonstatic Expectations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 991-1003.
- Teresa Serra & Spiro Stefanou & José M. Gil & Allen Featherstone, 2009.
"Investment rigidity and policy measures,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 103-120, March.
- Serra, Teresa & Stefanou, Spiro E. & Gil, Jose Maria & Featherstone, Allen M., 2008. "Investment rigidity and policy measures," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6511, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sckokai, Paolo & Moro, Daniele, 2005. "Modelling the Impact of the CAP Reform on Farm Investments," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24468, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M. & Pietola, Kyosti, 2002. "Semi-Parametric Modeling of Investments in Energy Installations," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24813, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Musshoff, Oliver & Hirschauer, Norbert, 2008. "Investment planning under uncertainty and flexibility: the case of a purchasable sales contract," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(1), March.
- Agbola, Frank W. & Harrison, Stephen R., 2005. "Empirical investigation of investment behaviour in Australia's pastoral region," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(1), March.
- Gardebroek, Cornelis & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M., 2008. "Dynamic Microeconometric Approaches To Analysing Agricultural Policy," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6592, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Odening, Martin & Musshoff, Oliver & Huettel, Silke, 2003. "Empirische Validierung von Realoptionsmodellen," Working Paper Series 18825, Humboldt University Berlin, Department Agricultural Economics.
- Jakob Vesterlund Olsen & Arne Henningsen, 2011. "Investment Utilisation, Adjustment Costs, and Technical Efficiency in Danish Pig Farms," IFRO Working Paper 2011/13, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Petrick, Martin & Zier, Patrick, 2010. "Cap Impacts On Labour Use In East German Agriculture," 50st Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93962, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Petrick, Martin & Zier, Patrick, 2012.
"Common Agricultural Policy effects on dynamic labour use in agriculture,"
Structural Change in Agriculture/Strukturwandel im Agrarsektor (SiAg) Working Papers
134425, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Petrick, Martin & Zier, Patrick, 2012. "Common Agricultural Policy effects on dynamic labour use in agriculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 671-678.
- Boetel, Brenda L. & Hoffmann, Ruben & Liu, Donald J., 2004. "Estimating Investment Rigidity Within A Threshold Regression Framework: The Case Of U.S. Hog Production Sector," Staff Papers 13790, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Zier, Patrick, 2013. "Econometric impact assessment of the Common Agricultural Policy in East German agriculture," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 71, number 71.
- Huettel, Silke & Narayana, Rashmi & Odening, Martin, 2011. "Measuring dynamic efficiency under uncertainty," Structural Change in Agriculture/Strukturwandel im Agrarsektor (SiAg) Working Papers 129062, Humboldt University Berlin, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Ihli, Hanna Julia & Maart, Syster Christin & Musshoff, Oliver, 2012. "Investment and Disinvestment in Irrigation Technology – An Experimental Analysis of Farmers’ Decision Behavior –," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124532, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.