Firm-Level Hedonic Analyses Of U.S. Produced Surimi: Implications For Processors And Resource Managers
AbstractFish surimi is an intermediate product. Using primary data from several U.S. and Japanese companies, hedonic analyses revealed the relative importance of species(pollock, whiting), grade, production date, production location (onshore, at-sea), and surimi quality characteristics. Results were used to estimate price effects from altering resource management.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT with number 20916.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
Other versions of this item:
- Larkin, Sherry L. & Sylvia, Gilbert, 1999. "Firm-Level Hedonic Analysis Of U.S. Produced Surimi: Implications For Processors And Resource Managers," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 14(3).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ethridge, Don E. & Davis, Bob, 1982. "Hedonic Price Estimation For Commodities: An Application To Cotton," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(02), December.
- Halbrendt, Catherine K. & Wirth, Ferdinand F. & Vaughn, Gerald F., 1991. "Conjoint Analysis Of The Mid-Atlantic Food-Fish Market For Farm-Raised Hybrid Striped Bass," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Jordan, Jeffrey L. & Shewfelt, R.L. & Prussia, Stanley E. & Hurst, W.C., 1985. "Estimating Implicit Marginal Prices Of Quality Characteristics Of Tomatoes," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(02), December.
- Freese, Stephen & Glock, James & Squires, Dale, 1995. "Direct allocation of resources and cost-benefit analysis in fisheries: an application to pacific whiting," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 199-211, May.
- Goodwin, Harold L., Jr. & Holcomb, Rodney B. & Rister, M. Edward, 1996. "Implicit Price Estimation Of Rice Quality Attributes For Asian Americans," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), December.
- Stiegert, Kyle W. & Blanc, Jean-Pierre, 1997. "Japanese Demand For Wheat Protein Quantity And Quality," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
- Anderson, James L. & Bettencourt, Sofia U., 1993. "A Conjoint Approach to Model Product Preference: The New England Market for Fresh and Frozen Salmon," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 8(1).
- Davis, George C., 1993. "Consumer'S Specie Knowledge And The Values Of Natural Christmas Tree Characteristics," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Ethridge, Don E. & Neeper, Jarral T., 1987. "Producer Returns From Cotton Strength And Uniformity: An Hedonic Price Approach," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Salayo, Nerissa D. & Voon, Thomas Jan P. & Selvanathan, Saroja, 1999. "Implicit Prices Of Prawn And Shrimp Attributes In The Philippine Domestic Market," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 14(1).
- Sherry Larkin & Gil Sylvia, 2004. "Generating Enhanced Fishery Rents by Internalizing Product Quality Characteristics," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(1), pages 101-122, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.