Do Taste Buds Trump Labels and Information? A Sensory Test and Economic Experiment on Organic and Local Apples
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its series 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado with number 61668.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Consumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Armenak Markosyan & Jill J. McCluskey & Thomas I. Wahl, 2009. "Consumer Response to Information about a Functional Food Product: Apples Enriched with Antioxidants," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(3), pages 325-341, 09.
- Lusk,Jayson L. & Shogren,Jason F., 2007.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671248.
- Wendy J. Umberger & Peter C. Boxall & R. Curt Lacy, 2009.
"Role of credence and health information in determining US consumers' willingness-to-pay for grass-finished beef,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), pages 603-623, October.
- Umberger, Wendy J. & Boxall, Peter C. & Lacy, R. Curt, 2009. "Role of credence and health information in determining US consumers’ willingness-to-pay for grass-finished beef," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), December.
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:91:y:2009:i:3:p:826-836 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jayson L. Lusk & Keith H. Coble, 2005. "Risk Perceptions, Risk Preference, and Acceptance of Risky Food," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 393-405.
- Nalley, Lawton Lanier & Hudson, Darren & Parkhurst, Gregory M., 2006. "Consistency of Consumer Valuation Under Different Information Sets: An Experimental Auction with Sweet Potatoes," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 37(03), November.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Saak, Alexander E. & Hanawa-Peterson, Hikaru, 2009. "Product Origin and Reputation for Quality: the Case of Organic Foods," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49503, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhifeng Gao & Ted C. Schroeder, 2009.
"Consumer responses to new food quality information: are some consumers more sensitive than others?,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 339-346, 05.
- Gao, Zhifeng & Schroeder, Ted C., 2008. "Consumer Responses to New Food Quality Information: Are Some Consumers More Sensitive than Others," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6168, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2007.
"Got organic milk? Consumer valuations of milk labels after the implementation of the USDA organic seal,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
1024, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Kiesel Kristin & Villas-Boas Sofia B, 2007. "Got Organic Milk? Consumer Valuations of Milk Labels after the Implementation of the USDA Organic Seal," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-40, April.
- Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2007. "Got Organic Milk? Consumer Valuations of Milk Labels after the Implementation of the USDA Organic Seal," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9sx3j5hv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Depositario, Dinah Pura T. & Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M. & Wu, Ximing & Laude, Tiffany P., 2009. "Should students be used as subjects in experimental auctions?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 122-124, February.
- John C. Bernard & Daria J. Bernard, 2007. "What Is It About Organic Milk? An Experimental Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 826-836.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.