Implications of the Air Compliance Agreement for Livestock Producers
AbstractNutrient management and air emissions continue to be an area of increased management control on all livestock operations as environmental regulations become more stringent. Agricultural producers must consider uncertainty surrounding the timing of and potential increases of environmental policy controls, such as emission taxes, when making future investment decisions. An optimal control theory framework was applied to a dairy farm facing an uncertain increase in emission taxes and an unknown date at which emission taxes will take effect. The optimal investment path considering these uncertainties was solved implicitly and compared to a full certainty case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its series 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin with number 49316.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
air emissions; environmental regulations; irreversible investment; uncertainty; Environmental Economics and Policy; Livestock Production/Industries;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2009-05-16 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2009-05-16 (Regulation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kort, P.M. & Farzin, Y.H., 2000.
"Pollution abatement investment when environmental regulation is uncertain,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-84064, Tilburg University.
- Farzin, Y H & Kort, P M, 2000. " Pollution Abatement Investment When Environmental Regulation Is Uncertain," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 2(2), pages 183-212.
- Hartl, R.F. & Kort, P.M., 1995.
"Capital Accumulation of a Firm Facing an Emissions Tax,"
9578, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Richard Hartl & Peter Kort, 1996. "Capital accumulation of a firm facing an emissions tax," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 63(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Hartl, R.F. & Kort, P.M., 1995. "Capital accumulation of a firm facing an emissions tax," Discussion Paper 1995-78, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kort, P.M., 1996. "Pollution control and the dynamics of the firm: The effects of market based instruments on optimal firm investments," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-72142, Tilburg University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.