The Impact of Food Stamp Program Participation on Household Food Insecurity
AbstractThis draft has been removed at the request of the author. Published as: Elton Mykerezi and Bradford Mills, The Impact of Food Stamp Program Participation on Household Food Insecurity, Am. J. Agr. Econ. (2010) 92(5): 1379-1391
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida with number 6552.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Food Security and Poverty;
Other versions of this item:
- Elton Mykerezi & Bradford Mills, 2010. "The Impact of Food Stamp Program Participation on Household Food Insecurity," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1379-1391.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert B. Barsky & Miles S. Kimball & F. Thomas Juster & Matthew D. Shapiro, 1997. "Preference Parameters and Behavioral Heterogeneity: An Experimental Approach in the Health and Retirement Survey," NBER Working Papers 5213, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helen H. Jensen, 2002.
"Food Insecurity and the Food Stamp Program,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1215-1228.
- Nord, Mark, 2005. "Measuring U.S. Household Food Security," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, April.
- Parke Wilde & Mark Nord, 2005. "The Effect of Food Stamps on Food Security: A Panel Data Approach ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 425-432.
- Nader S. Kabbani & Myra Yazbeck Kmeid, 2005. "The Role of Food Assistance in Helping Food Insecure Households Escape Hunger ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 439-445.
- Craig Gundersen & Victor Oliveira, 2001. "The Food Stamp Program and Food Insufficiency," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(4), pages 875-887.
- Huffman, Sonya Kostova & Jensen, Helen H., 2003. "Do Food Assistance Programs Improve Household Food Security?: Recent Evidence From The United States," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22219, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Nord, Mark & Andrews, Margaret S. & Carlson, Steven, 2006. "Household Food Security in the United States, 2005," Economic Research Report 7243, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Salois, Matthew & Balcombe, Kelvin, 2011. "Do Food Stamps Cause Obesity? A Generalised Bayesian Instrumental Variable Approach in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity," MPRA Paper 28745, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Deokrye Baek, . "The Effect of Public Transportation Accessibility on Food Insecurity," Departmental Working Papers 2013-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Gao, Xiang & Ishdorj, Ariun & Higgins, Lindsey M., 2012. "Impact of the National School Lunch Program on Children’s Food Security," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119778, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Li, Yiran & Mills, Bradford F. & Mykerezi, Elton, 2012. "Food Stamp Program and Food Insecurity Dynamics: Using Intra-Annual Measurements," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124681, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Larson, Donald F. & Lampietti, Julian & Gouel, Christophe & Cafiero, Carlo & Roberts, John, 2012. "Food security and storage in the Middle East and North Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6031, The World Bank.
- Boonsaeng, Tullaya & Carpio, Carlos E. & Zhen, Chen & Okrent, Abigail M., 2012. "The Effect of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program on Food Spending Among Low-Income Households," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124839, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.