Multiple Environmental Externalities and Manure Management Policy
AbstractLivestock waste pollutes multiple environmental media along multiple dimensions. This study explores the economic and environmental implications of single-medium and coordinated multi-media policies for reducing manure-related externalities, with particular attention paid to tradeoffs that occur when policies designed to correct an externality in one medium ignore externalities in other media.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO with number 20393.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Environmental Economics and Policy;
Other versions of this item:
- Key, Nigel D. & Kaplan, Jonathan D., 2007. "Multiple Environmental Externalities and Manure Management Policy," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ottmar R�hm & Stephan Dabbert, 2003. "Integrating Agri-Environmental Programs into Regional Production Models: An Extension of Positive Mathematical Programming," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 254-265.
- Darrell J. Bosch & James W. Pease, 2004. "Manure Applications and Nutrient Standards," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 14-25.
- Fleming, Ronald & Babcock, Bruce A. & Wang, Erda, 1998.
"Resource or Waste? The Economics of Swine Manure Storage and Management,"
Staff General Research Papers
1087, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ronald A. Fleming & Bruce A. Babcock & Erda Wang, 1998. "Resource or Waste? The Economics of Swine Manure Storage and Management," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 97-wp178, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Robert Innes, 2000. "The Economics of Livestock Waste and Its Regulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 97-117.
- Ribaudo, Marc & Kaplan, Jonathan D. & Christensen, Lee A. & Gollehon, Noel R. & Johansson, Robert C. & Breneman, Vincent E. & Aillery, Marcel P. & Agapoff, Jean & Peters, Mark, 2003. "Manure Management For Water Quality Costs To Animal Feeding Operations Of Applying Manure Nutrients To Land," Agricultural Economics Reports 33911, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Nickerson, Cynthia J. & Ribaudo, Marc & Higgins, Nathaniel, 2010. "The Farm Act's Regional Equity Provision: Impacts on Conservation Program Outcomes," Economic Research Report 95452, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Gallego-Ayala, Jordi & Gómez-Limón Rodríguez, José A., 2010. "Evaluación del impacto de la tarifación del agua de riego sobre la sostenibilidad del regadío: una aproximación a través de indicadores sintéticos/Impact assessment of irrigation water pricing i," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 375-404, Agosto.
- Todd Kuethe & Mitch Morehart, 2012. "The Agricultural Resource Management Survey: An information system for production agriculture," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(2), pages 191-200, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.