Semiparametric Bayesian Analysis Of Simultaneous Systems With An Application To Japanese Meat Demand
AbstractThis paper motivates and applies a variant of the Bayesian Bootstrap Multivariate Regression by Heckelei and Mittelhammer (2003) to a Japanese meat demand specification with endogenous regressors. The methodology is first given an alternative and more elegants motivation and then extended to incorporate microtheoretic restrictions and to apply in the context of a simultaneous equation models. The results of the application are compared to results based on an earlier approach used by Heckelei, Mittelhammer, and Wahl (1996).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada with number 22210.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ron C., 2003. "Bayesian bootstrap multivariate regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 241-264, February.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Wahl, Thomas I. & Williams, Gary W., 1990. "Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand," Staff General Research Papers 10940, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chalfant, James A, 1987. "A Globally Flexible, Almost Ideal Demand System," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 5(2), pages 233-42, April.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ronald C., 2002. "Simultaneous Equations Bayesian Bootstrap," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19873, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.