The US Dollar-Euro exchange rate and US-EMU bond yield differentials: A Causality Analysis
AbstractThis paper test for causality between the US Dollar-Euro exchange rate and US-EMU bond yield differentials. To that end, we apply Hsiao (1981)’s sequential procedure to daily data covering the 1999-2011 period. Our results suggest the existence of statistically significant Granger causality running one-way from bond yield differentials to the exchange rate, but not the other way around.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales in its series Working Papers with number 11-01.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2011
Date of revision:
Causality; Exchange rate; Long-term interest rates; Rolling regression;
Other versions of this item:
- Simón Sosvilla-Rivero & María del Carmen Ramos-Herrera, 2011. "The US Dollar-Euro exchange rate and US-EMU bond yield differentials: A Causality Analysis," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 07-11, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-04-16 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2011-04-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-MON-2011-04-16 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jose L. Torres).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.