Parametric Conditional Monte Carlo Density Estimation
AbstractIn applied density estimation problems, one often has data not only on the target variable, but also on a collection of covariates. In this paper, we study a density estimator that incorporates this additional information by combining parametric estimation and conditional Monte Carlo. We prove an approximate functional asymptotic normality result that illustrates convergence rates and the asymptotic variance of the estimator. Through simulation, we illustrate the strength of its finite sample properties in a number of standard econometric and financial applications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics in its series ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics with number 2011-562.
Length: 26 Pages
Date of creation: Oct 2011
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ECM-2011-10-22 (Econometrics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- AÃ¯t-Sahalia, Yacine & Fan, Jianqing & Peng, Heng, 2009. "Nonparametric Transition-Based Tests for Jump Diffusions," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1102-1116.
- Siem Jan Koopman & Eugenie Hol Uspensky, 2002. "The stochastic volatility in mean model: empirical evidence from international stock markets," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 667-689.
- R. Anton Braun & Huiyu Li & John Stachurski, 2011. "Generalized Look-Ahead Methods for Computing Stationary Densities," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2011-558, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- He, Zhongzhi (Lawrence) & Huh, Sahn-Wook & Lee, Bong-Soo, 2010. "Dynamic Factors and Asset Pricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(03), pages 707-737, June.
- Zhao, Zhibiao, 2010. "Density estimation for nonlinear parametric models with conditional heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 155(1), pages 71-82, March.
- Daniel R. Smith & Allan Layton, 2007. "Comparing Probability Forecasts in Markov Regime Switching Business Cycle Models," Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing,CIRET, vol. 2007(1), pages 79-98.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.