Old Wine in New Bottles: The Effect of Previous Co-Worker Experience on the Survival of New Firms
AbstractThe aim of the paper is to investigate the effect of previous co-worker experience on the survival of new established firms. For the empirical analysis I use the Danish Integrated Database of Labor Market Research (IDA). This longitudinal employer-employee database allows me to identify co-worker experience among all members of the firm. In addition, I will make a distinction between ordinary start-ups and entrepreneurial spin-offs. The results show that previous co-worker experience has a positive effect on new firm survival. This effect appears to be valid predominantly for ordinary start-ups then for spin-offs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies in its series DRUID Working Papers with number 10-17.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.druid.dk/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2010-03-28 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAB-2010-03-28 (Labour Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Müller, Bettina, 2013.
"Team Heterogeneity in Startups and its Development over Time,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7284, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ulrich Kaiser & Bettina Müller, 2013. " Team Heterogeneity in Startups and its Development over Time," Working Papers 337, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Müller, Bettina, 2013. "Team heterogeneity in startups and its development over time," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-058, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.