Interfirm Linkages and the Vertical Structure and Dynamics of the Danish Trucking and Congress Tourism Industries
AbstractThis paper questions the overall role of interfirm linkages in industrial dynamics. Studying Danish trucking and congress tourism, the paper addresses a number of particular questions concerning how industry responds to changing conditions. In trucking, the important interfirm linkages are pecuniary and entails nontrivial exchange among multiple dispersed agents, while in congress tourism Inter-organizational linkages are more strategic, with the activities of multiple agents forming together into products, without direct exchange.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies in its series DRUID Working Papers with number 06-33.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.druid.dk/
Industrial dynamics and evolution; inter-organizational linkages; vertical industry structure and division of labor; trucking; tourism;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2007-02-17 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-TUR-2007-02-17 (Tourism Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.