Some econometric results for the Blanchard-Watson bubble model
AbstractThe purpose of the present paper is to analyse a simple bubble model suggested by Blanchard and Watson. The model is defined by y(t) =s(t)?y(t-1)+e(t), t=1,…,n, where s(t) is an i.i.d. binary variable with p=P(s(t)=1), independent of e(t) i.i.d. with mean zero and finite variance. We take ?>1 so the process is explosive for a period and collapses when s(t)=0. We apply the drift criterion for non-linear time series to show that the process is geometrically ergodic when p
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus in its series CREATES Research Papers with number 2011-17.
Date of creation: 09 May 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/
Time series; explosive processes; bubble models.;
Other versions of this item:
- SÃ¸ren Johansen & Theis Lange, 2011. "Some Econometric Results for the Blanchard-Watson Bubble Model," Discussion Papers 11-15, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-05-24 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2011-05-24 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frédérique Bec & Anders Rahbek & Neil Shephard, 2008.
"The ACR model: a multivariate dynamic mixture autoregression,"
THEMA Working Papers
2008-11, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- FrÃ©dÃ©rique Bec & Anders Rahbek & Neil Shephard, 2008. "The ACR Model: A Multivariate Dynamic Mixture Autoregression," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(5), pages 583-618, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.