Parametric inference for discretely sampled stochastic differential equations
AbstractA review is given of parametric estimation methods for discretely sampled mul- tivariate diffusion processes. The main focus is on estimating functions and asymp- totic results. Maximum likelihood estimation is briefly considered, but the emphasis is on computationally less demanding martingale estimating functions. Particular attention is given to explicit estimating functions. Results on both fixed frequency and high frequency asymptotics are given. When choosing among the many estima- tors available, guidance is provided by simple criteria for high frequency efficiency and rate optimality that are presented in the framework of approximate martingale estimating functions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus in its series CREATES Research Papers with number 2008-18.
Date of creation: 04 Apr 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/
Asymptotic results; discrete time observation of a diffusion; efficiency; eigenfunctions; explicit inference; generalized method of moments; likelihood infer- ence; martingale estimating functions; high frequency asymptotics; Pearson diffu- sions.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-06-27 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2008-06-27 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-MST-2008-06-27 (Market Microstructure)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chan, K C, et al, 1992.
" An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1209-27, July.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate CKLS(1992) estimation of interest rate models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2002. "Closed-Form Likelihood Expansions for Multivariate Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 8956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Per A. Mykland, 2002.
"The Effects of Random and Discrete Sampling When Estimating Continuous-Time Diffusions,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yacine Ait--Sahalia & Per A. Mykland, 2003. "The Effects of Random and Discrete Sampling when Estimating Continuous--Time Diffusions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 483-549, March.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2002. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Discretely Sampled Diffusions: A Closed-form Approximation Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 223-262, January.
- Yuichi Nagahara, 2008. "A Method of Calculating the Downside Risk by Multivariate Nonnormal Distributions," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 175-184, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.