On the Exploitation of Market Power in the Nordic Electricity Markets. The Case of Elsam
AbstractIn this paper a test is made of whether the Danish electricity producer, Elsam partly or fully exploits its temporary dominant position in hours of congestion at the Nordic electricity market. There seems to be evidences suggesting that Elsam is successful in pursuing its objective of having a price in Western Denmark close to the maximum price of the surrounding and connected areas.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus in its series Economics Working Papers with number 2004-5.
Date of creation: 25 Aug 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/
Electricity markets; Objectives of the firm; exploitation of dominant positions.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haldrup, Niels & Nielsen, Morten Orregaard, 2006.
"A regime switching long memory model for electricity prices,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 349-376.
- Niels Haldrup & Morten O. Nielsen, 2004. "A Regime Switching Long Memory Model for Electricity Prices," Economics Working Papers 2004-2, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Hjalmarsson, Erik, 2000. "Nord Pool: A Power Market Without Market Power," Working Papers in Economics 28, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Tsuruhiko Nambu & Takaaki Ohnishi, 2010. "The dynamics and distribution of the area price in the Nord Pool," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 181-189, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.