Local Empirical Spectral Measure of Multivariate Processes with Long Range Dependence
AbstractWe derive a functional central limit theorem for the empirical spectral measure or discretely averaged (integrated) periodogram of a multivariate long range dependent stochastic process in a degenerating neighborhood of the origin. We show that, under certain restrictions on the memory parameters, this local empirical spectral measure converges weakly to a Gaussian process with independent increments. Applications to narrow-band frequency domain estimation in time series regression with long range dependence, and to local (to the origin) goodness-of-fit testing are offered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus in its series Economics Working Papers with number 2002-16.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/
Brownian Motion; Fractional ARIMA; Functional Central Limit Theorem; Goodness-of-fit Test; Integrated Periodogram; Long Memory; Narrow-band Frequency Domain Least Squares;
Other versions of this item:
- Ørregaard Nielsen, Morten, 2004. "Local empirical spectral measure of multivariate processes with long range dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 145-166, January.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2004-03-28 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2004-03-28 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-RMG-2004-03-28 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boris Siliverstovs & Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup, .
"Long-run forecasting in multicointegrated systems,"
Economics Working Papers
2002-15, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Boriss Siliverstovs & Tom Engsted & Niels Haldrup, 2003. "Long-Run Forecasting in Multicointegrated Systems," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 381, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Siliverstovs, Boriss & Engsted, Tom & Haldrup, Niels, 2002. "Long-Run Forecasting in Multicointegrated Systems," Finance Working Papers 02-14, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Anna Christina D'Addio & Michael Rosholm, . "Labour Market Transitions of French Youth," Economics Working Papers 2002-14, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Lobato, Ignacio N., 1999. "A semiparametric two-step estimator in a multivariate long memory model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 129-153, May.
- Kokoszka, P. & Mikosch, T., 1997. "The integrated periodogram for long-memory processes with finite or infinite variance," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 55-78, February.
- Nielsen, Morten Oe., .
"Semiparametric Estimation in Time Series Regression with Long Range Dependence,"
Economics Working Papers
2002-17, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Morten Orregaard Nielsen, 2005. "Semiparametric Estimation in Time-Series Regression with Long-Range Dependence," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 279-304, 03.
- Lobato, I. & Robinson, P. M., 1996. "Averaged periodogram estimation of long memory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 303-324, July.
- D Marinucci & Peter M. Robinson, 1998. "Semiparametric frequency domain analysis of fractional cointegration," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2258, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zhongjun Qu, 2010.
"A Test Against Spurious Long Memory,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2010-051, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Zhongjun Qu, 2011. "A Test Against Spurious Long Memory," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 423-438, July.
- Qu, Zhongjun, 2011. "A Test Against Spurious Long Memory," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 29(3), pages 423-438.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.