Report NEP-POL-2011-08-22This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson & Ragnar Torvik, 2011. "Why Do Voters Dismantle Checks and Balances?," NBER Working Papers 17293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aney, Madhav & Ghatak, Maitreesh & Morelli, Massimo, 2011. "Can Market Failure Cause Political Failure," CEPR Discussion Papers 8533, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bossi, Luca & Gumus, Gulcin, 2011. "Income Inequality, Mobility, and the Welfare State: A Political Economy Model," IZA Discussion Papers 5909, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anders Akerman & Anna Larsson & Alireza Naghavi, 2011. "Autocracies and Development in a Global Economy: A Tale of Two Elites," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 065, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Xavier Debrun, 2011. "Democratic Accountability, Deficit Bias, and Independent Fiscal Agencies," IMF Working Papers 11/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Bargain, Olivier & Dolls, Mathias & Immervoll, Herwig & Neumann, Dirk & Peichl, Andreas & Pestel, Nico & Siegloch, Sebastian, 2011. "Tax Policy and Income Inequality in the U.S., 1978-2009: A Decomposition Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 5910, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Manuel Luiz & Luis Brites Pereira & Guilherme Oliveira, 2011. "Constructing Institutional Measures: Indicators of Political and Property Rights in Mozambique, 1900-2005," Working Papers 219, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Rigolini, Jamele & Calvo-Gonzalez, Oscar, 2011. "More than you can handle : decentralization and spending ability of Peruvian municipalities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5763, The World Bank.