Report NEP-POL-2007-11-10This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Klaus Abbink & Jordi Brandts, 2007. "Political Autonomy and Independence: Theory and Experimental Evidence," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena, University of Siena 013, University of Siena.
- Michael Funk & Reiner Eichenberger, 2007. ""It's the Challenger, Stupid!": Elections and the Theory of Rank-Order Tournaments," CREMA Working Paper Series, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA) 2007-20, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Picci, Lucio & Golden, Miriam, 2007. "Pork Barrel Politics in Postwar Italy, 1953–1994," MPRA Paper 5626, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Campos, Nauro F & Karanasos, Menelaos G., 2007. "Growth, Volatility and Political Instability: Non-Linear Time-Series Evidence for Argentina, 1896–2000," IZA Discussion Papers 3087, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2007. "Prudent Budgetary Policy: Political Economy of Precautionary Taxation," Economics Working Papers, European University Institute ECO2007/39, European University Institute.
- Matilde Bombardini & Francesco Trebbi, 2007. "Votes or Money? Theory and Evidence from the US Congress," Working Paper Series, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis 21-07, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jul 2007.
- Marci Battaglini & Rebecca Morton & Thomas Palfrey, 2007. "The Swing Voter's Curse in the Laboratory," Working Papers, New York University, Center for Experimental Social Science 0019, New York University, Center for Experimental Social Science.
- Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 2007. "Consumer Confidence and Elections," Working Paper Series, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis 42-07, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jul 2007.
- Jens Großer & Arthur Schram, 2007. "Public Opinion Polls, Voter Turnout, and Welfare: An Experimental Study," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena, University of Siena 014, University of Siena.
- Fabrice Barthélémy & Mathieu MARTIN & Vincent MERLIN, 2007. "On the performance of the Shapley Shubik and Banzhaf power indices for the allocations of mandates," THEMA Working Papers, THEMA (THÃ©orie Economique, ModÃ©lisation et Applications), UniversitÃ© de Cergy-Pontoise 2007-25, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Ariel D. Procaccia & Michal Feldmany & Jeffrey S. Rosenschein, 2007. "Approximability and Inapproximability of Dodgson and Young Elections," Discussion Paper Series, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem dp466, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Anwar, Mumtaz, 2006. "The Political Economy Of International Financial Institutions’ Lending To Pakistan," MPRA Paper 5601, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Dec 2006.
- Andrew Pickering & James Rockey, 2007. "Ideology and the Growth of Government," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 07/599, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Etienne Farvaque & Norimichi Matsueda & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2007. "How committees reduce the volatility of policy rates," DULBEA Working Papers, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles 07-11.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.