Report NEP-POL-2006-05-20This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kovenock, Dan & Robertson, Brian, 2005. "Electoral Poaching and Party Identification," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1178, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Sylvain Dessy & Flaubert Mbiekop, 2006. "Democratic Voting and Social Exclusion," Cahiers de recherche, CIRPEE 0618, CIRPEE.
- Ari Aisen & Francisco José Veiga, 2006. "Political Instability and Inflation Volatility," NIPE Working Papers, NIPE - Universidade do Minho 2/2006, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Daron Acemoglu & Michael Golosov & Aleh Tsyvinski, 2006. "Markets Versus Governments: Political Economy of Mechanisms," NBER Working Papers 12224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Follesdal, Andreas & Hix, Simon, 2005. "Why There is a Democratic Deficit in the EU: A Response to Majone and Moravcsik," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV), CONNEX and EUROGOV networks 2, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Mair, Peter, 2005. "Popular Democracy and the European Union Polity," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV), CONNEX and EUROGOV networks 3, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2006. "Majority voting with stochastic preferences: the whims of a committee are smaller than the whims of its members," DULBEA Working Papers, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles 06-05.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Giovanni Facchini & Anna Maria Mayda, 2006. "Individual Attitudes towards Immigrants: Welfare-State Determinants Across Countries," Working Papers, Georgetown University, Department of Economics gueconwpa~06-06-02, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Pedro Cosme Costa Vieira & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2006. "Human capital and corruption: a microeconomic model of the bribes market with democratic contestability," FEP Working Papers, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto 212, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2006. "Institutional quality and trade: which institutions? Which trade?," DULBEA Working Papers, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles 06-06.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- M.R. Feix & D. Lepelley & V. Merlin & J.L. Rouet, 2006. "On the voting power of an alliance and the subsequent power of its members," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen), Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS 200605, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.