Report NEP-PBE-2008-11-18This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Oliver Budzinski issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Schaeffer, Michael & Yilmaz, Serdar, 2008. "Strengthening local government budgeting and accountability," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 4767, The World Bank.
- Benno Torgler & Friedrich Schneider & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2008. "Local Autonomy, Tax Morale and the Shadow Economy," CREMA Working Paper Series, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA) 2008-24, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Vollrath, Dietrich, 2008. "Wealth Distribution and the Provision of Public Goods: Evidence from the United States," MPRA Paper 11534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khemani, Stuti & Wane, Waly, 2008. "Populist fiscal policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 4762, The World Bank.
- Axel Dreher & Justina Fischer, 2008. "Decentralization as a disincentive for transnational terror? System stability versus government efficiency: an empirical test," TWI Research Paper Series, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz 41, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Knack, Stephen, 2008. "Sovereign rents and the quality of tax policy and administration," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 4773, The World Bank.
- Masako Kimura & Daishin Yasui, 2008. "Public Provision of Private Child Goods," KIER Working Papers, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research 662, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Brosio, Giorgio & Zanola, Roberto, 2008. "The welfare costs of national standards: a contribution to the debate on the outcomes of de/centralization," POLIS Working Papers, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS 113, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Enrico Spolaore, 2008. "The Efficiency and Stability of National Borders," Vives discussion paper series, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen, Vives 1, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen, Vives.
- van der Hoek, M. Peter & Kong, Shuhong & Li, Zhenzi, 2008. "The dual corporate income tax in China: the impact of unification," MPRA Paper 11547, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2008.
- Nestor Duch-Brown & José García-Quevedo & Daniel Montolio, 2008. "Assessing the assignation of public subsidies: Do the experts choose the most efficient R&D projects?," Working Papers, Xarxa de ReferÃ¨ncia en Economia Aplicada (XREAP) XREAP2008-12, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Nov 2008.
- Jens Arnold & Cyrille Schwellnus, 2008. "Do Corporate Taxes Reduce Productivity and Investment at the Firm Level? Cross-Country Evidence from the Amadeus Dataset," Working Papers, CEPII research center 2008-19, CEPII research center.
- Schiffbauer, Marc, 2008. "Catching Up or Falling Behind? The Effect of Infrastructure Capital on Technology Adoption in Transition Economies," Papers, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) DYNREG27, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).