Report NEP-PBE-2007-04-21This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Peren Arin issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Egger, Hartmut & Falkinger, Josef & Grossmann, Volker, 2007. "Brain Drain, Fiscal Competition, and Public Education Expenditure," IZA Discussion Papers 2747, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dreze, Jacques & Le Breton, Michel & Savvateev, Alexei & Weber, Shlomo, 2006. "0.19% Subsidy-Free Spatial Pricing," IDEI Working Papers 423, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Item repec:acb:camaaa:2007-06 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Heckman, James J. & Masterov, Dimitriy V., 2007. "The Productivity Argument for Investing in Young Children," IZA Discussion Papers 2725, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Conconi, Paola & Perroni, Carlo & Riezman, Raymond, 2007. "Is Partial Tax Harmonization Desirable?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 795, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Jorge Soares, Marina Azzimonti, Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Jorge Soares, 2006. "Optimal Policy and (the Lack of) Time Inconsistency: Insights from Simple Models," Working Papers 06-08, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Jorge Soares, Marina Azzimonti, Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Jorge Soares, 2006. "Distortionary Taxes and Public Investment When Government Promises Are Not Enforceable," Working Papers 06-07, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Maurizio Bovi & Roberto Dell'Anno, 2007. "The Changing Nature of the OECD Shadow Economy," ISAE Working Papers 81, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Luca Corazzini & Marco Faravelli & Luca Stanca, 2007. "A Prize to Give for: An Experiment on Public Good Funding Mechanisms," Working Papers 108, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 2007.
- Christopher Gerry & Tomasz Mickiewicz, 2006. "Inequality, Fiscal Capacity and the Political Regime: Lessons from the Post-Communist Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp831, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Item repec:acb:camaaa:2007-08 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Yasushi Iwamoto & Akihisa Shibata, 2007. "International and Intergenerational Aspects of Capital Income Taxation in an Endogenously Growing World Economy," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-490, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Sébastien Wälti & Signe Krogstrup, 2006. "Women and budget deficits," Trinity Economics Papers tep0307, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2007.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2006. "How Corruption Hits People When They Are Down," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp836, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Marco Faravelli, 2007. "The Important Thing Is not (Always) Winning but Taking Part: Funding Public Goods with Contests," ESE Discussion Papers 156, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Mirco Tonin, 2007. "Minimum Wage and Tax Evasion: Theory and Evidence," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp865, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Burton A. Abrams & Siyan Wang, 2006. "The Effect of Government Size on the Steady-State Unemployment Rate: A Structural Error Correction Model," Working Papers 06-05, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Ondřej Schneider, 2007. "The EU Budget Dispute - A Blessing in Disguise?," Working Papers IES 2007/14, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2007.
- Bitzer, Jürgen & Schrettl, Wolfram & Schröder, Philipp J.H., 2006. "Intrinsic Motivation versus Signaling in Open Source Software Development," Working Papers 06-7, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Lange, Fabian & Gollin, Douglas, 2007. "Equipping Immigrants: Migration Flows and Capital Movements," IZA Discussion Papers 2745, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthew J. Higgins & Daniel Levy & Andrew T. Young, 2006. "Federal, State, and Local Governments: Evaluating Their Separate Roles in U.S. Growth," Emory Economics 0614, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Desmet, Klaus & Le Breton, Michel & Ortuno-Ortin, Ignacio, 2006. "Nation Formation and Genetic Diversity," IDEI Working Papers 133, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Martin J. Osborne & Matthew A. Turner, 2007. "Cost benefit analysis vs. referenda," Working Papers tecipa-286, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Saul D. Hoffman, 2007. "A Good Policy Gone Bad: The Strange Case of the Non-Refundable State EITC," Working Papers 07-06, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Enzo VALENTINI, 2007. "Inequality and Underground Economy: A Not so Easy Relationship," Working Papers 283, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Martín López, Sonia, 2006.
"Las empresas de participación ante el reto de la gestión del cambio demográfico
[The companies of participation before the challenge of the management of the demographic change]," MPRA Paper 2666, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey Miller, 2006. "Evolution of Mass Privatization in Bulgaria," Working Papers 06-10, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Paul G. Hare, 2007. "The Political Economy of Growth and Governance," CERT Discussion Papers 0702, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Rünno Lumiste, 2006. "Migration of Electronics Production. Optimisation of Technology or Labour Costs?," Working Papers 148, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Yuko Kinoshita & Chia-Hui Lu, 2006. "On the Role of Absorptive Capacity: FDI Matters to Growth," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp845, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2007. "Credit Elasticities in Less-Developed Economies: Implications for Microcredit," Working Papers 110, Center for Global Development.
- Item repec:acb:camaaa:2007-07 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Emanuele, Canegrati, 2007. "The Single-mindedness theory: empirical evidence from the U.K," MPRA Paper 2832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ariane Lambert-Mogiliansky & Konstantin Sonin & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "Are Russian Commercial Courts Biased? Evidence from a Bankruptcy Law Transplant," Working Papers w0099, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).