Report NEP-MIG-2010-09-18This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Randall K. Q. Akee, 2010. "Who Leaves and Who Returns? Deciphering Immigrant Self-Selection from a Developing Country," Working Papers id:2829, eSocialSciences.
- Peter Bönisch & Lutz Schneider, 2010. "Why are East Germans not More Mobile? Analyzing the Impact of Social Ties on Regional Migration," IWH Discussion Papers 16, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Olga Nottmeyer, 2010. "Does Intermarriage Pay Off?: A Panel Data Analysis," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 314, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Simpson, Nicole & Sparber, Chad, 2010. "The Short-and Long-Run Determinants of Unskilled Immigration into US States," Working Papers 2010-06, Department of Economics, Colgate University.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2010. "The impact of migration on origin countries: a numerical analysis," CREA Discussion Paper Series 10-06, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Asadul Islam & Jaai Parasnis & Dietrich Fausten, 2010. "Immigrant and Native Saving Behaviour in Australia," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 27-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Luthra, Renee Reichl, 2010. "Enduring inequality: labor market outcomes of the immigrant second generation in Germany," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-30, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Cristian Bartolucci, 2010. "Understanding the Native-Immigrant Wage Gap Using Matched Employer-Employee Data. Evidence from Germany," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 150, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Pfau, Wade Donald & Giang, Long Thanh, 2010. "The Growing Role of International Remittances in the Vietnamese Economy: Evidence from the Vietnam (Household) Living Standard Surveys," MPRA Paper 24945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van Praag, Bernard M. S. & Romanov, Dmitri & Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada, 2010. "Happiness and Financial Satisfaction in Israel: Effects of Religiosity, Ethnicity, and War," IZA Discussion Papers 5184, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael M. Pichler, 2010. "Cultural Formation of Preferences and Assimilation of Cultural Groups," Working Papers 438, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Wenshu Gao & Russell Smyth, 2010. "What Keeps Chinaâ€™s Migrant Workers Going? Expectations and Happiness Among Chinaâ€™s Floating Population," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series 14-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Banks, James & Blundell, Richard & Oldfield, Zoë & Smith, James P., 2010. "Housing Mobility and Downsizing at Older Ages in Britain and the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 5168, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Banks, James & Blundell, Richard & Oldfield, Zoë & Smith, James P., 2010. "House Price Volatility and the Housing Ladder," IZA Discussion Papers 5173, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lutz Schneider & Alexander Kubis & D. Wiest, 2010. "Selektivität, soziale Bindung und räumliche Mobilität –Eine Analyse der Rückkehrpräferenz," IWH Discussion Papers 17, Halle Institute for Economic Research.