Report NEP-MIG-2010-01-16This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Yi, Dale, 2009. "Essays on Regional Differences in Time Preferences and Attachment to Place," Graduate Research Masters Degree Plan B Papers 56009, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Çaglar Özden, 2009. "Diasporas," CREA Discussion Paper Series 09-15, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Naiditch, Claire & Vranceanu, Radu, 2009. "Remittances as a Social Status Signaling Device," ESSEC Working Papers DR 09015, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Baker, Michael & Benjamin, Dwayne & Fan, Elliot, 2009. "Public Policy and the Economic Wellbeing of Elderly Immigrants," CLSRN Working Papers clsrn_admin-2009-69, UBC Department of Economics, revised 28 Dec 2009.
- Faini, Riccardo & Strom, Steinar & Venturini, Alessandra & Villosio, Claudia, 2009. "Are Foreign Migrants More Assimilated Than Native Ones?," IZA Discussion Papers 4639, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Roberts, Deborah & Balamou, Eudokia & Psaltopoulos, Demetrios, 2009. "Modelling the Effects of Immigration on Regional Economic Performance and the Wage Distribution: A CGE Analysis of Three EU Regions," IZA Discussion Papers 4648, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Huynh Truong Huy, 2009. "Analysis of Labor Migration Decision: Its Determinants and Benefits The Case of Khmer Families in Tra Vinh Province of Viet Nam," Working Papers 20, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Yann Algan & Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz & Alan Manning, 2009. "The Economic Situation of First- and Second-Generation Immigrants in France, Germany and the United Kingdom," CEP Discussion Papers dp0951, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth & Oyolola, Maharouf, 2009. "Welfare Usage in the U.S.: Does Immigrant Birthplace and Immigration Status Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 4659, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giovanni Facchini & Anna Maria Mayda & Riccardo Puglisi, 2009. "Illegal Immigration and Media Exposure: Evidence on Individual Attitudes," Development Working Papers 285, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Scalera, Domenico, 2009. "Skilled migration and education policies: Is there still scope for a Bhagwati tax?," MPRA Paper 19643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akay, Alpaslan, 2009. "Dynamics of the Employment Assimilation of First-Generation Immigrant Men in Sweden: Comparing Dynamic and Static Assimilation Models with Longitudinal Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4655, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aslund, Olof & Hensvik, Lena & Nordström Skans, Oskar, 2009. "Seeking Similarity: How Immigrants and Natives Manage at the Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 4640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cristina Cattaneo, 2009. "The Decision to Migrate and Social Capital: Evidence from Albania," Working Papers 2009.91, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Amelie Constant & Martin Kahanec & Ulf Rinne & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2009. "Ethnicity, Job Search and Labor Market Reintegration of the Unemployed," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 963, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Timothy J. Halliday, 2009. "Intra-Household Labor Supply, Migration, and Subsistence Constraints in a Risky Environment: Evidence from Rural El Salvador," Working Papers 200920, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Tim Leunig & Chris Minns & Patrick Wallis, 2009. "Networks in the Premodern Economy: the Market for London Apprenticeships, 1600-1749," CEP Discussion Papers dp0956, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Michael Grimm & Stephan Klasen, 2009. "Endogenous Institutional Change and Economic Development: A Micro-Level Analysis of Transmission Channels," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 14, Courant Research Centre PEG.