Report NEP-IFN-2004-12-02This is the archive for NEP-IFN, a report on new working papers in the area of International Finance. Vimal Balasubramaniam issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Michael P. Dooley & David Folkerts-Landau & Peter M. Garber, 2004. "The US Current Account Deficit and Economic Development: Collateral for a Total Return Swap," NBER Working Papers 10727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2004. "Comparing shocks and frictions in US and euro area business cycles: a Bayesian DSGE approach," Working Paper Research 61, National Bank of Belgium.
- John Hunter & Mark Simpson, 2004. "The specification of cross exchange rate equations used to test Purchasing Power Parity," Public Policy Discussion Papers 04-22, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Stefaan Ide & Philippe Moës, 2004. "Asymetric growth and inflation developments in the acceding countries: a new assessment," Working Paper Research 63, National Bank of Belgium.
- Merih Uctum & Isamu Kato, 2004. "FIxed, Float or Intermediate? A Cross-COuntry Time Series Analysis Of Exchange Rate Regimes," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 291, Econometric Society.
- Guillermo J. Vuletin, 2004. "Exchange Rate Regimes And Fiscal Performance. Do Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes Generate More Discipline Than Flexible Ones?," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 474, Econometric Society.
- Faini, Riccardo, 2004. "Trade Liberalization in a Globalizing World," IZA Discussion Papers 1406, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Einmahl, J.H.J. & Rosalsky, A., 2004. "General Weak Laws of Large Numbers for Bootstrap Sample Means," Discussion Paper 2004-112, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Priit Vahter, 2004. "The Effect Of Foreign Direct Investment On Labour Productivity: Evidence From Estonia And Slovenia," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 32, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- U. Michael Bergman, 2004. "How Similar Are European Business Cycles?," EPRU Working Paper Series 04-13, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Nov 2004.
- Carlos Escudé, 2004. "Hacia una teoría sistémica del 'Estado parasitario': El caso Argentino," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 277, Universidad del CEMA.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ashoka Mody & Nienke Oomes, 2004. "Keeping Capital Flowing: The Role of the IMF," NBER Working Papers 10834, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Melvin & Manuel Gomez, 2004. "Explaining the dollar/euro exchange rate: the role of policy uncertainty, asymmetric information, and hedging opportunities," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 72, Econometric Society.
- Desirée Van Welsum, 2004. "In Search of ‘Offshoring’: Evidence from U.S. Imports of Services," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0402, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.