Report NEP-HIS-2014-02-02This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Acheson, Graeme G. & Campbell, Gareth & Turner, John D. & Vanteeva, Nadia, 2014. "Corporate ownership and control in Victorian Britain," eabh Papers 14-02, The European Association for Banking and Financial History (EABH).
- Peter H. Lindert & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2014. "American Colonial Incomes, 1650-1774," NBER Working Papers 19861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grietjie Verhoef, Lorraine Greyling and John Mwamba, 2014. "Savings and economic growth: A historical analysis of the relationship between savings and economic growth in the Cape Colony economy, 1850 - 1909," Working Papers 408, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Jose Miguel Martínez-Carrión & Miguel Á. Pérez de Perceval Verde & Ángel Pascual Martínez Soto, 2014. "Inequality and biological welfare during the mining boom: Rio Tinto, 1836-1935," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1401, Asociación Española de Historia Económica.
- Michel Bordo & John Lando-Lane, 2013. "Does Expansionary Monetary Policy Cause Asset Price Booms? Some Historical and Empirical Evidence," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 710, Central Bank of Chile.
- BLINOV, Sergey, 2014.
"Причины Британской Промышленной Революции
[Causes of the British Industrial Revolution]," MPRA Paper 53239, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Foley-Fisher, Nathan & McLaughlin, Eoin, 2014. "Irish land bonds: 1891-1938," eabh Papers 14-01, The European Association for Banking and Financial History (EABH).
- Alan Fernihough & Kevin Hjorstshøj O’Rourke, 2014. "Coal and the European Industrial Revolution," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _124, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Remi Jedwab & Edward Kerby & Alexander Moradi, 2014. "History, Path Dependence and Development: Evidence from Colonial Railroads, Settlers and Cities in Kenya," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Kolev, Stefan & Goldschmidt, Nils & Hesse, Jan-Otmar, 2014. "Walter Eucken's role in the early history of the Mont Pèlerin Society," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 14/02, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Adena, Maja & Enikolopov, Ruben & Petrova, Maria & Santarosa, Veronica & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2013. "Radio and the rise of Nazi in pre-war Germany," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79876, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Leroi Raputsoane and Ruthira Naraidoo, 2014. "Debt sustainability and financial crises in South Africa," Working Papers 403, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Falck, Oliver & Bauernschuster, Stefan, 2013. "Culture and the Spatial Dissemination of Ideas Evidence from Froebel's Kindergarten Movement," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79704, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Cemal Eren Arbatli & Quamrul Ashraf & Oded Galor, 2013. "The Nature of Civil Conflict," Working Papers 2013-15, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2014. "Under the Thumb of History? Political Institutions and the Scope for Action," NBER Working Papers 19848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sohn, Alexander, 2013. "No longer top of the class: Professorial salaries in the 20th century," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79966, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Tim Atkin & Mark Caputo & Tim Robinson & Hao Wang, 2014. "Macroeconomic Consequences of Terms of Trade Episodes, Past and Present," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2014-01, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Hakobyan, Lilit, 2014. "Economic Stagnation and Stable Growth: The Persistence and Survival of Growth Regimes under Political Transitions," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 873, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Nonso Obikili, 2014. "The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade and Local Political Fragmentation in Africa," Working Papers 406, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Susan Helper & Rebecca Henderson, 2014. "Management Practices, Relational Contracts, and the Decline of General Motors," NBER Working Papers 19867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Chakraborty, Shankha, 2014. "Contraception and the Fertility Transition," MPRA Paper 53129, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martha J. Bailey & Nicolas J. Duquette, 2014. "How Johnson Fought the War on Poverty: The Economics and Politics of Funding at the Office of Economic Opportunity," NBER Working Papers 19860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Federico Ciani & Gianna Claudia Giannelli, 2013. "Surviving the Genocide: The Impact of the Rwandan Genocide on Child Mortality," CHILD Working Papers Series 20, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Noemí M. Girbal-Blacha, 2014. "Formosa: tierra prometida-tierra arrasada. La Argentina de los márgenes (1884-1955)," Documentos de Trabajo de la Sociedad EspaÃ±ola de Historia Agraria 1401, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria.
- James Fenske & Namrata Kala, 2014. "1807: Economic shocks, conflict and the slave trade," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-02, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Braun, Sebastian & Kvasnicka, Michael, 2013. "Immigration and Structural Change: Evidence from Post-War Germany," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79864, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Maito, Esteban Ezequiel, 2014.
"Auge y estancamiento de Japón (1955-2008). Una explicación marxista
[Rise and standstill of Japan (1955-2008). A Marxist explanation]," MPRA Paper 53102, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carabelli, Anna Maria & Cedrini, Mario Aldo, 2013. "Keynes's General Theory, Treatise on Money and Tract on Monetary Reform: Different Theories, Same Methodological Approach?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201344, University of Turin.
- Carlo Ciccarelli & Gianni De Fraja, 2014. "The Demand for Tobacco in Post-Unification Italy," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 31, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gautier, Arthur & Pache , Anne-Claire & Chowdhury, Imran, 2013. "Nonprofit Roles in For-profit Firms: The Institutionalization of Corporate Philanthropy in France," ESSEC Working Papers WP1319, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Hecq A.W. & Urbain J.R.Y.J. & Götz T.B., 2013. "Testing for common cycles in non-stationary VARs with varied frecquency data," Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Bown, Chad P., 2014. "Trade policy instruments over time," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6757, The World Bank.