Report NEP-HIS-2013-05-19This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Leah Platt Boustan & Devin Bunten & Owen Hearey, 2013. "Urbanization in the United States, 1800-2000," NBER Working Papers 19041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Angela Redish, 2013. "Putting the â€˜Systemâ€™ in the International Monetary System," NBER Working Papers 19026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greif, Avner & Iyigun, Murat, 2013. "What Did the Old Poor Law Really Accomplish? A Redux," IZA Discussion Papers 7398, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Katselidis, Ioannis, 2013. "From Edgeworth to Econophysics: A Methodological Perspective," MPRA Paper 46975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Howard Bodenhorn & Timothy W. Guinnane & Thomas A. Mroz, 2013. "Problems of Sample-selection Bias in the Historical Heights Literature: A Theoretical and Econometric Analysis," Working Papers, Economic Growth Center, Yale University 1023, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Leah Platt Boustan & William J. Collins, 2013. "The Origins and Persistence of Black-White Differences in Women's Labor Force Participation," NBER Working Papers 19040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Wilde, 2013. "How Substitutable are Fixed Factors in Production? Evidence from Pre-industrial England," Working Papers, University of South Florida, Department of Economics 0113, University of South Florida, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Gelderblom & Joost Jonker, 2013. "Early Capitalism in the Low Countries," Working Papers, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History 0041, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Benjamin Chabot & Charles C. Moul, 2013. "Bank panics, government guarantees, and the long-run size of the financial sector: evidence from free-banking America," Working Paper Series, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago WP-2013-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Item repec:dgr:uvatin:2013029 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Tine De Moor, 2013. "Single, safe, and sorry? An analysis of the motivations of women to join the early modern beguine movement in the Low Countries," Working Papers, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History 0040, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Jakob Madsen & Eric Yan, 2013. "The First Great Divergence and the Evolution of Cross-Country Income Inequality during the Last Millennium: the Role of Institutions and Culture," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series, Monash University, Department of Economics 14-13, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Item repec:dgr:uvatin:0000034 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Liran Einav & Jonathan D. Levin, 2013. "The Data Revolution and Economic Analysis," NBER Working Papers 19035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Item repec:dgr:uvatin:2013034 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Boyer, Marcel, 2013. "Growing out of Crises and Recessions: From Regulating Large Financial Institutions To Redefining Government Responsibilities," TSE Working Papers, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE) 13-398, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Yungron Li & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2013. "The impact of extreme observations in citation distributions," Economics Working Papers we1308, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de EconomÃa.