Report NEP-HIS-2012-07-23This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- DufrÃ©not, G. & Triki, K., 2012. "Why have governments succeeded in reducing French public debt historically and can these successes inspired us for the future? An historical perspective since 1890," Working papers, Banque de France 386, Banque de France.
- Lambrecht, Thijs A., 2012. "English Individualism and Continental Altruism? Servants, Remittances and Welfare in Eighteenth-Century Rural Europe," MPRA Paper 40114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albrecht Ritschl, 2012. "The German Transfer Problem, 1920-1933: A Sovereign Debt Perspective," CEP Discussion Papers dp1155, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Stelios Michalopoulos & Elias Papaioannou, 2012. "Pre-colonial Ethnic Institutions and Contemporary African Development," NBER Working Papers 18224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mejía Cubillos, Javier, 2012.
"Crecimiento económico de largo plazo en Antioquia, Colombia: Estimación del PIB. 1800-1913
[Long term economic growth in Antioquia, Colombia: GDP estimates. 1800-1913]," MPRA Paper 40041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John D. Conroy, 2012. "Intimations of Keith Hart's 'Informal Economy' - In the Work of Henry Mayhew, P T Bauer and Richard Salisbury," Crawford School Research Papers, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University 1205, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- DufrÃ©not, G. & Triki, K., 2012. "Public debt ratio and its determinants in France since 1890 Does econometrics support the historical evidence?," Working papers, Banque de France 385, Banque de France.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Arcangelo Dimico, 2012. "De Jure and de Facto Determinants of Power:Evidence from Mississippi," Center for Economic Research (RECent), University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics 084, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Zamagni, Stefano, 2012. "Globalization: guidance from Franciscan economic thought and "Caritas in Veritate"," AICCON Working Papers, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit 104-2012, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Diego Restuccia & Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2012. "A Century of Human Capital and Hours," Working Papers tecipa-460, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Amodio, Francesco, 2012. "Hard to Forget: Long-lasting E ffects of Social Capital Accumulation Shocks," AICCON Working Papers, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit 105-2012, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- David Laidler, 2012. "Milton Friedman's Contributions to Macroeconomics and Their Influence," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20122, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Sebastian Braun & Michael Kvasnicka, 2012. "Immigration and Structural Change â€“ Evidence from Post-war Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers, Rheinisch-WestfÃ¤lisches Institut fÃ¼r Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-UniversitÃ¤t Bochum, UniversitÃ¤t Dortmund, UniversitÃ¤t Duisburg-Essen 0345, Rheinisch-WestfÃ¤lisches Institut fÃ¼r Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-UniversitÃ¤t Bochum, UniversitÃ¤t Dortmund, UniversitÃ¤t Duisburg-Essen.
- Eric Rahim, 2012. "Marx: From Hegel and Feuerbach to Adam Smith," Working Papers 1206, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Michael Fritsch & Elisabeth Bublitz & Alina Rusakova & Michael Wyrwich, 2012. "How Much of a Socialist Legacy? The Reemergence of Entrepreneurship in the East German Transformation to a Market Economy," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-042, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Osmani Teixeira de Carvalho GuillÃ©n & JoÃ£o Victor Issler & Afonso Arinos de Mello Franco-Neto, 2012. "On the Welfare Costs of Business-Cycle Fluctuations and Economic-Growth Variation in the 20th Century," Working Papers Series, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department 284, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Jeff Borland, 2012. "Ian M. McDonald: A review of his contributions to economics," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series, The University of Melbourne 1143, The University of Melbourne.
- Andrés Álvarez & Marc Hofstetter, 2012. "50 Years of Job Vacancies in Colombia: The Case of Bogota, 1960-2010," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 009799, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Rodríguez González, Guillermo, 2012.
"Una revisión de la enfermedad holandesa a la luz de la teoría austriaca del ciclo económico
[A review of the Dutch disease in the light of the Austrian theory of business cycle]," MPRA Paper 39986, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Contreras & Stephan Gruber & Cristina Mazzeo, 2012. "OrÃgenes histÃ³ricos de la desigualdad en el PerÃº," Documentos de Trabajo, Departamento de EconomÃa - Pontificia Universidad CatÃ³lica del PerÃº 2012-328, Departamento de EconomÃa - Pontificia Universidad CatÃ³lica del PerÃº.
- Thomas Barnay & Olivier Damette, 2012. "What drives Health Care Expenditure in France since 1950?," Working Papers hal-00717435, HAL.
- Sahoo, Ganeswar, 2012. "F.A. Hayek and his rational choice of monetary arrangements," MPRA Paper 39920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Item repec:ner:lselon:http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/44881/ is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2012. "The Long Persistence of Regional Entrepreneurship Culture: Germany 1925–2005," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1214, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jul 2012.