Report NEP-HIS-2011-02-05This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Batiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Noguchi, Masayoshi, 2011. "The disciplinary power of accounting-based regulation: the case of building societies, circa 1960," MPRA Paper 28374, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2011. "The two poverty enlightenments: historical insights from digitized books spanning three centuries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5549, The World Bank.
- Scherer, F. M., 2011. "Standard Oil as a Technological Innovator," Working Paper Series rwp11-008, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Davide Cantoni, 2010. "The economic effects of the Protestant Reformation: Testing the Weber hypothesis in the German Lands," Economics Working Papers 1260, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Börner, Lars & Hatfield, John William, 2010. "The economics of debt clearing mechanisms," Discussion Papers 2010/27, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Barnes, Geoffrey & Guinnane, Timothy W., 2010. "Social Class and the Fertility Transition: A Critical Comment on the Statistical Results Reported in Simon Szreter's Fertility, Class and Gender in Great Britain, 1860-1940," Working Papers 87, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Burgelman, Robert A., 2011. "Bridging History and Reductionism: A Key Role for Longitudinal Qualitative Research," Research Papers 2045r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Hasan, Zubair, 2011. "Money creation and control from Islamic perspective," MPRA Paper 28366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hanappi, Hardy, 2010. "The Beat of Visions :The challenging features of a new global mode of production," MPRA Paper 28398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raimundo Soto, 2010. "End of the line: Railroads in Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 391, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Akhabbar, Amanar, 2010.
"L'étrange victoire: Leontief et la transformation de la science économique: de la planification sans théorie à la mesure sans théorie 1920-1949
[The Strange Victory: Leontief and the transform," MPRA Paper 28421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George J. Hall & Thomas J. Sargent, 2010. "Interest rate risk and other determinants of post WWII U.S. government debt/GDP dynamics," Working Papers 01, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Luke Samy, 2011. "'The Paradox of Success': The Effect of Growth, Competition and Managerial Self-Interest of Building Society Risk-Taking and Market Structure c. 1880-1939," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _086, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Mária Vojtková, 2011. "Role of the U.S. Dollar in International Financial System," EAPG Working Paper Series 002, Department of Economic Policy, Faculty of National Economy, University of Economics in Bratislava.
- Bucheli, Marcelo & Kim, Min-Young, 2010. "Institutional Change, Obsolescing Legitimacy, and Multinational Corporations: The Case of the Central American Banana Industry," Working Papers 10-0105, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Jamee K. Moudud & Francisco Martinez-Hernadez, 2011. "The Political Economy of Public Investment and Public Finance: Structural and Institutional Regulations," Discussion Papers 26, Research on Money and Finance.
- Michael Artis & George Chouliarakis & Pkg Harischandra, 2011. "Business Cycle Synchronization Since 1880," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 153, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Nina Boberg-Fazlic & Paul Sharp & Jacob Weisdorf, 2011. "Survival of the Richest? Social Status, Fertility, and Social Mobility in England 1541-1824," Discussion Papers 11-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Börner, Lars & Quint, Daniel, 2010. "Medieval matching markets," Discussion Papers 2010/31, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2011. "Great Leap into Famine," Working Papers 201103, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Lyttkens, Carl Hampus, 2011. "Health, Economics and Ancient Greek Medicine," Working Papers 2011:7, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Götze, Ralf, 2010. "The changing role of the state in the Dutch healthcare system," TranState Working Papers 141, University of Bremen, Collaborative Research Center 597: Transformations of the State.
- Baafi Antwi, Joseph, 2011. "Western Guilt and Third World Development: Part 1," MPRA Paper 28422, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Jan 2011.
- Coskun, Yener, 2010.
"Aracı Kurumların Risk Haritası (Risk Maps of Securities Firms)
[Risk Maps of Securities Firms]," MPRA Paper 28368, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason & David C. Wheelock, 2011. "Did doubling reserve requirements cause the recession of 1937-1938? a microeconomic approach," Working Papers 2011-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Ramon Garrabou & Jordi Planas & Enric Saguer & Enric Vicedo, 2011. "Acceso a la propiedad y desigualdad social en el mundo rural catalán de mediados del siglo XIX," UHE Working papers 2011_01, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Josep Pujol Andreu, 2011. "Nuevas orientaciones en Historia Económica: Innovaciones biológicas y cambio técnico, siglos XIX-XX," UHE Working papers 2011_02, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Filippo Randelli & Ron Boschma, 2011. "Dynamics of Industrial Districts and Business Groups: the Case of the Marche Region," Working Papers - Economics wp2011_05.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.