Report NEP-HIS-2010-07-10This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Saiz, Patricio, 2010. "Why Did Corporations Patent in Spain? Some Historical Inquiries," Working Papers in Economic History 2010/02, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Bensassi, Sami, 2010. "From Regional to Intercontinental Trade: the Successive European Trade Empires from the Sixteenth to the Eighteenth Century in Asia," MPRA Paper 23637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramón Garrabou & Jordi Planas & Enric Saguer, 2010. "The management of agricultural estates in Catalonia in the 19th and early 20th centuries. An approach through bookkeeping," Documentos de Trabajo de la Sociedad EspaÃ±ola de Historia Agraria 1005, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2010. "Famines Past, Famine’s Future," Working Papers 201020, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Francis McLaughlin, 2010. "John Rogers Commons: Are His Insights Important in Teaching Modern Labor Economics?," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 739, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Francisco J. Beltrán Tapia, 2010. "Social and environmental filters to market incentives: common land persistence in 19th century Spain," Documentos de Trabajo de la Sociedad EspaÃ±ola de Historia Agraria 1003, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria.
- Tomas Cvrcek, 2010. "America's settling down: How Better Jobs and Falling Immigration led to a Rise in Marriage, 1880 – 1930," NBER Working Papers 16161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albrecht Ritschl & Samad Salferaz, 2010. "Crisis? What Crisis? Currency vs. Banking in the Financial Crisis of 1931," CEP Discussion Papers dp0977, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Deepankar Basu & Panayiotis T. Manolakos, 2010. "Is there a tendency for the rate of profit to fall? Econometric evidence for the U.S. economy, 1948-2007," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2010-04, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James K. Galbraith, 2010. "The Great Crisis and the American Response," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_112, Levy Economics Institute.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2010. "School Attendance and Literacy before the Famine: A Simple Baronial Analysis," Working Papers 201022, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Andrew T. Young & Daniel Levy, 2010. "Explicit Evidence on an Implicit Contract," Working Papers 10-07, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Stefania Albanesi & Claudia Olivetti, 2010. "Maternal Health and the Baby Boom," NBER Working Papers 16146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcus Noland, 2010. "Post-Conflict Planning and Reconstruction: Lessons From the American Experience in Korea," Economics Study Area Working Papers 112, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Fujii, Mariko & Kawai, Masahiro, 2010. "Lessons from Japan's Banking Crisis, 1991–2005," ADBI Working Papers 222, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2010. "Sufficiency and Sufficiency and Sufficiency’: Revisiting the Bengal Famine of 1943-44," Working Papers 201021, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Michel Rocca, 2010. "L'expérience américaine de 1933-1935 et la formation des institutions : lectures keynésienne et régulationniste," Post-Print halshs-00495838, HAL.
- Gary A. Dymski, 2010. "Three Futures for Postcrisis Banking in the Americas: The Financial Trilemma and the Wall Street Complex," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_604, Levy Economics Institute.