Report NEP-HEA-2011-04-09This is the archive for NEP-HEA, a report on new working papers in the area of Health Economics. Yong Yin issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck & Hugo Goldeboeuf, 2011. "A Fuzzy Approach to the Measurement of Leakages for North American Health Systems," Working Papers, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics 1101E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Askitas, Nikos & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2011. "Health and Well-Being in the Crisis," IZA Discussion Papers 5601, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dackehag, Margareta & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Nordin, Martin, 2011. "Productivity or discrimination? An economic analysis of excess-weight penalty in the Swedish labor market," Working Papers, Lund University, Department of Economics 2011:12, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Carman, K.G. & Mosca, I., 2011. "Who Takes Advantage of Free Flu Shots? Examining the Effects of an Expansion in Coverage," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2011-024, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Binswanger, J. & Carman, K.G., 2011. "The Role of Desicion Making Processes in the Correlation between Wealth and Health," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2011-005, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gunther, Isabel & Fink, Gunther, 2011. "Water and sanitation to reduce child mortality : the impact and cost of water and sanitation infrastructure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5618, The World Bank.
- Hallegatte, Stephane, 2011. "How economic growth and rational decisions can make disaster losses grow faster than wealth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5617, The World Bank.
- Wouterse, B. & Meijboom, B.R. & Polder, J.J., 2011. "The relationship between baseline health and longitudinal costs of hospital use," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4378352, Tilburg University.
- GÃ¤chter, Martin & Schwazer, Peter & Theurl, Engelbert & Winner, Hannes, 2011. "Physician Density in a Two-Tiered Health Care System," Working Papers in Economics and Finance, University of Salzburg 2011-5, University of Salzburg.
- Mercedes Vellez, 2011. "Auctions versus Negotiations: Evidence from Public Procurement in the Italian Healthcare Sector," CEIS Research Paper 191, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 29 Mar 2011.
- Heike Hennig-Schmidt & Reinhard Selten & Daniel Wiesen, 2011. "How Payment Systems Affect Physicians' Provision Behaviour â€“ An Experimental Investigation," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers, University of Bonn, Germany bgse03_2011, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Damiano, Fiorillo & Fabio, Sabatini, 2011. "Quality and quantity: the role of social interactions in individual health," MPRA Paper 29777, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sara Markowitz & Alison Evans Cuellar & Ryan M. Conrad & Michael Grossman, 2011. "The Effects of Alcohol Policies in Reducing Entry Rates and Time Spent in Foster Care," NBER Working Papers 16915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jinhu Li & Jeremiah Hurley & Philip DeCicca & Gioia Buckley, 2011. "Physician Response to Pay-for-Performance: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," NBER Working Papers 16909, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anirban Basu, 2011. "Economics of Individualization in Comparative Effectiveness Research and a Basis for a Patient-Centered Health Care," NBER Working Papers 16900, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.