Report NEP-FOR-2006-02-26This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrew J. Patton & Allan Timmermann, 2005. "Testable Implications of Forecast Optimality," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2005/485, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Pedro N. RodrÃguez, & SimÃ³n Sosvilla-Rivero, 2006. "Understanding and Forecasting Stock Price Changes," Working Papers 2006-03, FEDEA.
- Peter M Robinson, 2005. "Modelling Memory of Economic and Financial Time Series," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2005/487, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Andrew Leigh & Justin Wolfers, 2006. "Competing Approaches to Forecasting Elections: Economic Models, Opinion Polling and Prediction Markets," NBER Working Papers 12053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John H. Cochrane, 2006. "The Dog That Did Not Bark: A Defense of Return Predictability," NBER Working Papers 12026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.