Report NEP-EDU-2013-03-16This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Courtney A. Collins & Li Gan, 2013. "Does Sorting Students Improve Scores? An Analysis of Class Composition," NBER Working Papers 18848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Booth, Alison L. & Cardona Sosa, Lina Marcela & Nolen, Patrick J., 2013. "Do Single-Sex Classes Affect Exam Scores? An Experiment in a Coeducational University," IZA Discussion Papers 7207, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Björn Alecke & Claudia Burgard & Timo Mitze, 2013. "The Effect of Tuition Fees on Student Enrollment and Location Choice – Interregional Migration, Border Effects and Gender Differences," Ruhr Economic Papers 0404, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Nicole Schneeweis, 2013. "Immigrant concentration in schools: Consequences for native and migrant students," NRN working papers 2013-02, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Hideo Akabayashi & Ryuichi Tanaka, 2013. "Long-Term Effects of Preschooling on Educational Attainments," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2012-033, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Hansen, Jörgen & Liu, Xingfei, 2013. "A Structural Model of Educational Attainment in Canada," IZA Discussion Papers 7237, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Maldonado, Dario, 2013. "Mixed oligopoly in education," TSE Working Papers 13-381, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Robinson, Jonathan, 2013. "Experimental Evidence on the Effects of Home Computers on Academic Achievement among Schoolchildren," IZA Discussion Papers 7211, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arcidiacono, Peter & Aucejo, Esteban & Hotz, V. Joseph, 2013. "University Differences in the Graduation of Minorities in STEM Fields: Evidence from California," IZA Discussion Papers 7227, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan Yang & Terry Sicular & Desheng Lai, 2013. "Credit The Changing Determinants of High School Attainment in Rural China," University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Papers 20131, University of Western Ontario, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity.
- Josep-Oriol Escardíbul & Toni Mora, 2013. "Teacher gender and student performance in mathematics. Evidence from Catalonia," Working Papers 2013/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Michelle Miller-Adams & Bridget Timmeney, 2013. "The Impact of the Kalamazoo Promise on College Choice: An Analysis of Kalamazoo Area Math and Science Center Graduates," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 2013-014, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Bol, Thijs & Witschge, Jacqueline & Van de Werfhorst, Herman & Dronkers, Jaap, 2013. "Curricula tracking and central examinations: counterbalancing the Impact of social background on student achievement in 36 countries," MPRA Paper 44675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lisa Schulkind, 2013. "The Timing of Teenage Births and the Economic Returns to Education," Working Papers 1304, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Prettner, Klaus, 2013. "Public education, technological change and economic prosperity," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 149, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Youyou BAENDE BOFOTA, 2013. "The impact of social capital on children educational outcomes: The case of Tanzania," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2013003, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Stijn BAERT & Bart COCKX, 2013. "Pure Ethnic Gaps in Educational Attainment and School to Work Transitions. When Do They Arise?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2013005, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Pinto, Hugo, 2013. "Knowledge Transfer and the ‘Academic Enterprise’ in the Algarve: Contributions from Social Studies of Science and Technology to the Understanding of University-Firm Relations," Spatial and Organizational Dynamics Discussion Papers 2013-5, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Monica Bozzano, 2013. "Women, Medieval Commerce, and the Education Gender Gap," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 088, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Christina Clark Tuttle & Brian Gill & Philip Gleason & Virginia Knechtel & Ira Nichols-Barrer & Alexandra Resch, 2013. "KIPP Middle Schools: Impacts on Achievement and Other Outcomes," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7680, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Landerso, Rasmus & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne, 2013. "School Starting Age and Crime," IZA Discussion Papers 7228, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gerald Eisenkopf & Pascal Sulser, 2013. "A Randomized Controlled Trial of Teaching Methods: Do Classroom Experiments improve Economic Education in High Schools?," TWI Research Paper Series 80, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Callie Shenker and Katherine Eyal, 2013. "Encouraging Tutorial Attendance and its Impact on Grades: A Randomised Controlled Trial," Working Papers 332, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Joshua Congdon-Hohman & Anil Nathan & Justin Svec, 2013. "Student Uncertainty and Major Choice," Working Papers 1301, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Novarese, Marco & Di Giovinazzo, Viviana, 2013.
"Solerzia e successo accademico
[Diligence and Academic Performance]," MPRA Paper 45008, University Library of Munich, Germany.