Report NEP-EDU-2012-12-06This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Meyer, Tobias & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2012. "How Important is Secondary School Duration for Post-school Education Decisions? Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-509, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Philip Oreopoulos & Ryan Dunn, 2012. "Information and College Access: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment," NBER Working Papers 18551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc van der Steeg & Roel van Elk & Dinand Webbink, 2012. "Does intensive coaching reduce school dropout?," CPB Discussion Paper 224, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Stuart Cameron & UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2012. "The Urban Divide: Poor and middle class children’s experiences of school in Dhaka, Bangladesh," Innocenti Working Papers inwopa672, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Nicholas Spaull & Stephen Taylor, 2012. "“Effective enrolment” - Creating a composite measure of educational access and educational quality to accurately describe education system performance in sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 21/2012, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Randall Q. Akee & Timothy J. Halliday & Sally Kwak, 2012. "The Social Impact of a Fiscal Crisis: Investigating the Effects of Furloughing Public School Teachers on Juvenile Crime in Hawaii," Working Papers 201221, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Rampino, Tina & Taylor, Mark P., 2012. "Educational aspirations and attitudes over the business cycle," ISER Working Paper Series 2012-26, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Navarro Paniagua, Maria & Walker, Ian, 2012. "The Impact of Teenage Motherhood on the Education and Fertility of their Children: Evidence for Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 6995, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Riddell, Abby, 2012. "The Effectiveness of Foreign Aid to Education: What Can Be Learned?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mun-Heng Toh, 2012. "Internationalization of Tertiary Education Services in Singapore," Trade Working Papers 23349, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kufenko, Vadim, 2012. "Empirical analysis of regional economic performance in Russia: Human capital perspective," Violette Reihe Arbeitspapiere 38/2012, Promotionsschwerpunkt "Globalisierung und Beschaeftigung".
- Fabian T. Pfeffer & Martin Hällsten, 2012. "Mobility Regimes and Parental Wealth: The United States, Germany, and Sweden in Comparison," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 500, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Francisco Martínez-Mora & Gianni De Fraja, 2012. "The desegregating effect of school tracking," Discussion Papers in Economics 12/24, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Britta Augsburg & Ralph De Haas & Heike Harmgart & Costas Meghir, 2012. "The Impacts of Microcredit: Evidence from Bosnia and Herzegovina," NBER Working Papers 18538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.