Report NEP-EDU-2012-09-22This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Facundo Albornoz & Antonio Cabrales & Esther Hauk, 2012. "Immigration and the school system," Economics Working Papers we1203, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Timothy J. Bartik & Marta Lachowska, 2012. "The Short-Term Effects of the Kalamazoo Promise Scholarship on Student Outcomes," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 12-186, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Madeeha Gohar Qureshi, 2012. "The Gender Differences in School Enrolment and Returns to Education in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2012:84, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Frank M. Fossen & Tobias J. M. Büttner, 2012. "The Returns to Education for Opportunity Entrepreneurs, Necessity Entrepreneurs, and Paid Employees," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 482, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Dur, Umut, 2012. "A Characterization of the Top Trading Cycles Mechanism for the School Choice Problem," MPRA Paper 41366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Stephen G. Dimmock & Scott Weisbenner, 2012. "The Supply of and Demand for Charitable Donations to Higher Education," NBER Working Papers 18389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franciscos Koutentakis, 2012. "Public Education and Democracy in a Simple Model of Persistent Inequality," Working Papers 1204, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Katja Görlitz & Marcus Tamm, 2012. "Revisiting the Complementarity between Education and Training: The Role of Personality, Working Tasks and Firm Effects," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 477, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Espinosa, Miguel & Rondon, Carlos & Romero, Mauricio, 2012. "The use of mathematics in economics and its effect on a scholar's academic career," MPRA Paper 41341, University Library of Munich, Germany.